New Option 54E 12.1" touchscreen in PIU Order Guide | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Option 54E 12.1" touchscreen in PIU Order Guide

hardware1197

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Police Utility
I noticed this in the latest Order Guide for the PIU (6/24):

54E 12.1” Integrated Computer Screen • Includes 12.1” touchscreen display in center stack and allows for operation of laptop in remote location to free up cabin space in front passenger area • Includes Audio Video Extender (AVX) box, (2) AVX cables, (2) USB cables and (1) HDMI cable • Includes SYNC 3 ® Note: Late availability

Anyone have any info on this or docs, is it a 3rd party like Havis? is it IN the stack or mounted to the stack? This is significant because as it stood prior to this order sheet, you COULD NOT order Sync 3 with the Ready for the Road 67H package but this new option appears to be available with 67H. I have a K8A on order which will come with the bluetooth option onlym no Sync due to 67H and while it's probably too late to change I sure as heck would want Sync 3 and 67H.

-Hardware

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would almost guarantee it is Havis/third party based on it’s description and function using the AV extenders. I am curious how they call they are calling the entertainment system in the 65U interior upgrade package Sync3 when it still uses a 4.2 inch display and only appears to add an aux input and USB interface. Sounds like my basic Sync I have in my Superduty to me.

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I would almost guarantee it is Havis/third party based on it’s description and function using the AV extenders. I am curious how they call they are calling the entertainment system in the 65U interior upgrade package Sync3 when it still uses a 4.2 inch display and only appears to add an aux input and USB interface. Sounds like my basic Sync I have in my Superduty to me.

I concur about the 65U Sync offering being odd without the large display. I was in a conundrum about it because my agency and my basic recommendations have been the get the 67H ready for the road Whelen package for marked units and keep Sync for hands free, etc. With the 2020 offering hands free bluetoooth as a standard option regardless of ordering Sync it made some things easier but it was still curious to me that you could not order 67H ready for the road AND have Sync as an option. Then all the sudden in the latest order guide it's almost a footnote to the new 54E touchscreen option that it "Includes Sync" Luckily even though I had been assigned a VIN, my dealer fleet rep was able to amend my pending PIU order to include the touchscreen 54E. It shows ordered and clean even with the 67H Ready for the Road, and under the 54E option. It will be interesting to see what arrives............

-Dave

Yes, I am curious as well. Maybe they will release some literature on that option soon. Looks like lead times are running over 4 months now. Did you order 68B? Would have loved that back in the day (been retired from LE for over 10 years now).

Tom

I did order 68B to see how it works.....In the previous model it was a separate module which was a pain. I spoke with my Havis rep and this 12.1" touchscreen option is NOT a Havis....they have a flip up 11.5" touch screen option now available. It looks like a decent option too as it bolts to the center equipment deck on top of the dash and still allows a radar or camera on top of it.

So I cannot get ANY literature or information from Ford on this 12.1" touchscreen option. I assume because it's not going to be offered until Job 2 which looks like the beginning of February. I do recall once seeing a 12.1" android based touchscreen being offered in a Raptor once but it was definitely aftermarket.

I'm still poking around and asking anyone I can.

-Dave

So I cannot get ANY literature or information from Ford on this 12.1" touchscreen option. I assume because it's not going to be offered until Job 2 which looks like the beginning of February. I do recall once seeing a 12.1" android based touchscreen being offered in a Raptor once but it was definitely aftermarket.

I'm still poking around and asking anyone I can.

-Dave

Job 2 starts July 22nd, a week from tomorrow.

Well Ford finally has some info on this item including a photo!

Available 12.1-inch Integrated Computer Screen

The new available 12.1-inch Integrated Computer Screen on the 2020 Ford Police Interceptor® Utility reduces clutter and frees up valuable space in the front passenger cabin by allowing on-board laptops to be relocated to the rear cargo area. The touchscreen display takes place of the laptop display, and can potentially eliminate the need for a keyboard in the cabin as well. With an easy connection in the cargo area, and no special software required to operate, laptop setup is streamlined. The new available 12.1-inch Integrated Computer Screen also includes SYNC® with vehicle audio controls integrated right into the display.
cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg

Any part numbers for this 12.1 inch screen and bezel with air vents ?

Any part numbers for this 12.1 inch screen and bezel with air vents ?
Ok, I found the part number for the 12.1 inch display screen. It’s LB5Z-10F884-B. Now I just need to find the bezel and mounting parts.

How much are they
The dealer has to take the part number at the bottom of each picture, and dig around in the computer for the full number. I just ordered the bezel. As soon as it comes in, I will make a decision on ordering the rest of what’s in the picture. Bring this photo to the dealer parts department, and show them what you are looking for.

Back