For Sale - 1999 Mercury Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 1999 Mercury Mountaineer

albi1cnobi1

Elite Mountaineer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
South Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mountaineer V6 4x4
Hi everyone. The time has come to sell the Mountaineer. Those of you who have been on here for some time may know my truck. For those that don’t, most of what I’ve done is in my signature. I bought this truck in 1999 and have been the only owner. The 4.0 SOHC motor has 254,000 on it and I have done all the maintenance on it since then. Oil has been changed every 3K miles, and all the tensioners have been replaced every 75K miles. Transmission was rebuilt around 150K. Some of the things not listed in my sig; rear air bags by airlift, onboard air system w/ viair compressor. The system can be used to regulate the air bags or to fill an air tank, tires etc. The rear hatch glass has been swapped to glass from a 2002 sport that has the wiper in the glass. This fixes the problematic rear wiper mounted in the hatch.There is a small area of rust above the driver side rear wheel arch, but overall the body/paint is in good shape. Many more mods, too many to list. I’m asking $1000, and I have a complete coilover conversion kit, including Fox shocks, Eibach coils, new lower control arms, and all the necessary hardware to do this conversion. I’m going to list this for $300, but if you’re interested in this as well I’ll let it go with the truck for $200. If there are any questions, please feel free to PM me. I can send pics if needed. Thanks for looking!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump.
Thanks for looking!

Wish I would of seen the part about you selling the coilovers setup a week ago. I was in northern Delaware and could of picked it all up. Shipping won't be cheap.

Just to satisfy curiosity, what would it cost to ship the coilover setup (minus the lower control arms) to 85205. Might be worth the shipping!

Just to satisfy curiosity, what would it cost to ship the coilover setup (minus the lower control arms) to 85205. Might be worth the shipping!
The lower coil over brackets are already mounted to the lower control arms, but if you definitely don't want them I guess I could pull them off. I can weigh everything and see how much shipping would be on Tuesday and let you know.

Well if the lowers are part of the set up let's see what everything weighs and what it'd cost to ship.

Can you share the P#/specs on the shocks, and the coils please?

Size/Length, Extension/Compression, Coil lb rate/length...

Example:
Fox 2.0 x 6.5?
Eibach 2.50"x10"x750 lb?

Ya know what... Please forgive me, I know I'm indecisive but let's find shipping w/o the lower arms. I just put new control arms on the Explorer so should be able to use those.

Aw man! I was just thinking about your truck, wondering if you still had it.

I just got mine back on the road after sitting for 2 years. Don't let her go!! - but if you have to, good luck with the sale!

Hey everyone. I'm very sorry I haven't replied to anyone. For some reason I haven't been getting any notifications. I just happened to check tonight and saw these posts. gman I'll check and post those specs for you. Traveler, I apologize. We've been going through some crazy busy time at work and I've been working a tremendous amount of overtime and I totally spaced on getting you that info. If you're still interested I'll get it for you.

I maybe interested in the coilover conversion stuff also if this falls through

I maybe interested in the coilover conversion stuff also if this falls through

You got it sir. I'll get these guys the info and if it fall through I'll let you know. Thanks for looking.

Sure, still interested. Shoot me a price.

Back