• Register Today It's free!

K&N CAI for 2009 4.6 Adrenalin

Tnarg Nodrog

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Adrenalin
I've searched the forum for information regarding the right part number for a K&N CAI for my recently purchased 2009 ST Adrenalin.

As everyone already knows, K&N does not list an 'official' part number for the 2009 Sport Trac 4.6 V8!

I've found three numbers as follows: 57-5291.....63-2573.....57-2573

Would one or more of you PLEASE confirm the part number of the CAI you actually installed in your 2009 4.6?

Hate to buy the wrong one!

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are several people on the forum who have put K&N filters in their trucks. Just do a simple search for K&N and see what turns up. I know Tyke has a K&N but he also has a cold air intake so it might not be the same. But just do the search.
Good luck.

There are several people on the forum who have put K&N filters in their trucks. Just do a simple search for K&N and see what turns up. I know Tyke has a K&N but he also has a cold air intake so it might not be the same. But just do the search.
Good luck.
I have done a search but came up with three different part numbers....just trying to determine which one is correct!
I'm hoping someone who has actually installed one can provide that actual K&N part number they used!

While not sure on numbers, my understanding is that all the K&N CAI does for our trucks is make them louder, no performance enhancement. I suppose if you are going full stage 2+ it might help as a support mod, but other than that just not worth the expense. YMMV

While not sure on numbers, my understanding is that all the K&N CAI does for our trucks is make them louder, no performance enhancement. I suppose if you are going full stage 2+ it might help as a support mod, but other than that just not worth the expense. YMMV
You may be right, but I’ve installed CAI’s on my last three Fords ( 2003 Mustang, 2016 F-150 Sport & 2015 Explorer) and although I don’t have formal test data, my somewhat subjective gut tells me that there have been performance and mileage improvements....just my two cents worth

I have done a search but came up with three different part numbers....just trying to determine which one is correct!
I'm hoping someone who has actually installed one can provide that actual K&N part number they used!
This is what i got and it fits/works great 57-2573 from K&N

y
Good luck.

yes i have the K&N CIA with the K&N oiled filter.
replacing the stock air intake and filter with this offer very very little no performance or mpg. gains only sound.
i recommend an upgraded throttle body -f150 from bbk or the zabtech, and oiled /cloth filter.
then get a tune :)

this kit is just not worth the money in my honest opinion.

Back