2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got this non-Ford cap from Amazon and installed it today:
View attachment 172322

Now that looks like serious big-boy towing tackle. For some reason, my '05 XLT came with a wimped-out (looks like OEM) 1" socket that wouldn't fit a Ball Park frank without a swift kick. I think I'm developing inadequacy issues !!..

I couldn't help noticing the elect. hook-up. Is that a dual 5/7 pin conn'r under twin covers? Is it molded into the panel, or is it a separate piece that could be added to another vehicle? I never liked having my "pig-tails" swingin' in the breeze...

Now that looks like serious big-boy towing tackle. For some reason, my '05 XLT came with a wimped-out (looks like OEM) 1" socket that wouldn't fit a Ball Park frank without a swift kick. I think I'm developing inadequacy issues !!..

I couldn't help noticing the elect. hook-up. Is that a dual 5/7 pin conn'r under twin covers? Is it molded into the panel, or is it a separate piece that could be added to another vehicle? I never liked having my "pig-tails" swingin' in the breeze...
That’s the factory Class III towing package, standard on ST. There are 2 spring-loaded doors to the left of the hitch receiver: 4-pin connector on the right, 5/7-pin on the left. Permanently attached and fully wired in.

Most of my “towing” will be limited to a lighted basket carrier. Nice to know it can be configured as a trailer in the blind spot (BLIS) system.

Okay, let's see if I can do this in order...
"4-pin connector on the right, 5/7-pin on the left. Permanently attached and fully wired in."...
Is the connector removable, or is it a molded part of the panel? Can I buy just the multi-conn jack, drill a hole, and mount it on my bumper?

"Most of my “towing” will be limited to a lighted basket carrier"
I think I had one of those on my Schwinn Stingray.. :laugh:..

"Nice to know it can be configured as a trailer in the blind spot (BLIS) system."...
Alrighty, now ya' lost me again.. :banghead:..

Okay, let's see if I can do this in order...
"4-pin connector on the right, 5/7-pin on the left. Permanently attached and fully wired in."...
Is the connector removable, or is it a molded part of the panel? Can I buy just the multi-conn jack, drill a hole, and mount it on my bumper?

"Most of my “towing” will be limited to a lighted basket carrier"
I think I had one of those on my Schwinn Stingray.. :laugh:..

"Nice to know it can be configured as a trailer in the blind spot (BLIS) system."...
Alrighty, now ya' lost me again.. :banghead:..
The blind spot system uses radars in the corners of the rear bumpers to detect objects in your blind spot.
It can be configured to detect objects in your trailers blind spot as well.

This site lists the Ford plug for $10.18; 2003-2017 Ford Trailer Hitch, Receiver Cover 1L2Z-17F000-CA | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake Not sure what shipping would cost or if you could pick one up at the dealer's part department. I'm guessing it will fit the 2020 hitch.

Peter
That’s definitely the least I’ve seen it. I went with the generic plug because of the tether it came with. If someone decides they want to grab it, at least with the tether, it would require a bit more time to do so. On a heist, time can be your biggest threat.

There is always Tasca parts, picked up the OEM roof rail cross bars (LB5Z-7855100-AC) here:
Kit - Luggage Rack - Ford (LB5Z-7855100-AC) | TascaParts.com

Thank you... I'll give them a try. Over 3 weeks now with an order with the dealership and they tell me it is still backordered. I try to cancel and they tell me to go to the Ford Accessories site where I placed the order. Well the website says to go through my dealer for any issues. All around a frustrating experience and still no part and now I have to check to make sure they refunded my credit card.

Thank you... I'll give them a try. Over 3 weeks now with an order with the dealership and they tell me it is still backordered. I try to cancel and they tell me to go to the Ford Accessories site where I placed the order. Well the website says to go through my dealer for any issues. All around a frustrating experience and still no part and now I have to check to make sure they refunded my credit card.

Tasca shipped mine a few days ago, the crossbars should show up this Friday. I use Tasca for all OEM parts, never have to deal with the Dealer's prices or stupid policies.

This site, like many sites, don't even have a drop down for 2020 vehicles when selecting your vehicle.
The Ford parts site does but everything there is more expensive. I've noticed over the years that Ford sites are slow in getting new model years on their sites.

Peter

Maybe a bit off-topic...Ordered my turn signal stalk from Amazon, on the way...Trying to get the PRNDL repair kit, and Amazon and Ford were a scratch, so I tried Tasca and White Bear. White Bear had it for $16 bucks but, with S&H closer to $30. Tried to place order, and wouldn't take my card (outta' stock?)...GRRR !!...

Okay, as long as I'm digging a hole towards the firewall, my dash lights don't work. I've seen several "exploded" views that just show two bulbs, both different, Should I go chasin' another thread, or does someone have quick advice?...

Okay, Pete...I'll be good and clear the channel, but thanks all for the tips on parts sources. Startin' to see '20s out in the wild, and it's lookin' pretty good...

Picked this sun shade up from Tasca;

IMG_9403.jpg
IMG_9410.jpg

It does fit correctly and seems very well made.

Gosh darn it, my wife literally yelled at me today "stop buying ****" lmao.. when she saw the LED lights.. and now this!!
Uhh yeah I’m gonna have to get that sunshade.

Edit*: how’d you search for 2020 explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Uhh yeah I’m gonna have to get that sunshade.

Edit*: how’d you search for 2020 explorer?

I use the Ford parts site to grab the part number then just enter the part number on Tasca.

Back