What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Put in a new grille yesterday.

9Sn64su.jpg

Installed LED High beams also.
Love that grill!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, Explorer Forums! It's been a while. I've been mainly on FB but have been traveling a TON!!! 90K on my '16 Platinum!!! Thank God they're all freeway miles and according to my mechanics, I'll get a few more miles out of her before any real major work needs to be done.

Lot's of great updates in here and great Explorers! I am loving it.

As for what I've done lately? Check this out.

My boys at Car-One Tire & Auto installing my new CAI from EcoPowerParts. I just got it done today and haven't really taken her out yet but I will starting tomorrow on my way to Des Moines, IA. I'll post more videos of her on the road!

kBzpiSlBS++p5MMrEfg7sg.jpg
VYAI3cMHRjW9Rcv7+v+cVw.jpg
RERkV2puTLSh97dvMDryIg.jpg
vLrSH8zpQAyq7g%FM2LCzQ.jpg

Hello Ntrain, how is your Explorer running since you indtalled the bbk throttle body? I’ve been thinking about doing the same. Does it improve the throttle response and does it make alot of noise? Also any problems with it? Thanks
Sorry for the late response, but I've even added on EcoPowerParts CAI. My ride sounds fantastic especially with the BOV and with the new intake. As for throttle response, it may be a placebo affect but I feel it's a lot more responsive however @Livernois says it's going to take a little bit to adjust my tune to the new intake. If it doesn't respond the way I want to, I'll ask for a new tune.

I hope this helps?

Hi Jon. Are all those red pipes metal? Just wondering because if they are I would think that they would heat up being under the hood and negate the cold air intake's purpose.

Peter

I finished with my Explorer customization today. This included: Exterior- custom red paint accents on the trim; custom red accents on the Ford emblems (front/back), Sport emblem, and hood Explorer lettering; addition of custom Ecoboost badges on the front fenders; custom red paint on the brake calipers; Asanti 22" ABL-21 Gloss Black wheels; Pirelli Scorpion One All Season Plus tires; custom red Ford hub cap decals; LED approach/puddle lamps; black round nerf step bars; driver/passenger front window tinting (to match rear windows); black pearl license plate bracket; red LED license bulbs; black powder-coated dual exhaust tips; Ziebart ceramic paint and rust-proofing protection package; Interior- Lloyd black floor and cargo mats with red binding; custom red Ford steering wheel decal; tempered glass screen protector on Infotainment screen; Thinkware F800PRO Dash Cam (front/rear); Ziebart interior fabric and leather protection package.
Image_1_zpsnjzzas78.jpg

Image_3_zpsszc1dsev.jpg

Image_2_zpsyve4jtdh.jpg

Image_4_zpszlq703gb.jpg

Image_5_zps0piklzpu.jpg

Image_6_zps694lcrgv.jpg

Image_7_zpsw5aeo2ok.jpg
You have very good taste, sir!!! LOL

Hi Jon. Are all those red pipes metal? Just wondering because if they are I would think that they would heat up being under the hood and negate the cold air intake's purpose.

Peter
Peter! Great to hear from you. Sorry I haven't been around but I promise to be more engaging this time around. As for the pipes, I think they are but I bought into it because of Mike from EcoPowerParts.

Ecoboost (Dev Site)

There's the product and little more about it.

So far, the hot pipes (first installation) have actually been good. I've actually picked up about .5mpg to 1mpg on my highway drives. I was averaging 18.5mpg to 20mpg (75mph - 85mph cruise control) but now am averaging 19.5mpg to 21mpg (75mph - 85mph cruise control) so long as I'm not driving like a total jack-ass when I'm trying to race other cars. LOL

Peter! Great to hear from you. Sorry I haven't been around but I promise to be more engaging this time around. As for the pipes, I think they are but I bought into it because of Mike from EcoPowerParts.

Ecoboost (Dev Site)

There's the product and little more about it.

So far, the hot pipes (first installation) have actually been good. I've actually picked up about .5mpg to 1mpg on my highway drives. I was averaging 18.5mpg to 20mpg (75mph - 85mph cruise control) but now am averaging 19.5mpg to 21mpg (75mph - 85mph cruise control) so long as I'm not driving like a total jack-ass when I'm trying to race other cars. LOL

Peter, here's a message from Mike at EPP:

"Aluminum, as the air flows it's impossible to heat it up while accelerating hard"

Some questions hopefully answered about my new EcoPowerParts hot-pipes and CAI getting too hot.

Let me know your feedback!

Peter, here's a message from Mike at EPP:

"Aluminum, as the air flows it's impossible to heat it up while accelerating hard"
Hello Jon, how about when not acceletating hard? You don’t always accelerate hard right? Anything else up your sleve for your ride? Take care out there on the road.

Hello Jon, how about when not acceletating hard? You don’t always accelerate hard right? Anything else up your sleve for your ride? Take care out there on the road.

This was my first road trip literally right after the install the day prior. I averaged 80mph on cruise control most of the trip but was heavy footed on stretches opening her up on the highway. I just wish that my dash cam didn't loop over the parts where I was "racing" her.

This is the next step which was order yesterday:
Steeda Explorer Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (2011-2019), 555 1025

Then I'm going to replace the shocks with Homepage - BILSTEIN

Might as well have fun with her :p

This was my first road trip literally right after the install the day prior. I averaged 80mph on cruise control most of the trip but was heavy footed on stretches opening her up on the highway. I just wish that my dash cam didn't loop over the parts where I was "racing" her.

This is the next step which was order yesterday:
Steeda Explorer Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (2011-2019), 555 1025

Then I'm going to replace the shocks with Homepage - BILSTEIN

Might as well have fun with her :p
Isn’t it funny how the dash cam just happens to loop over the good parts! That swaybar should really inhance your ride since you’re already lowered! Hopefully someday you’ll have time to take her to the track and really give her a workout. Thanks for the link to the Steeda adjustable swaybar it looks like a good addition but right now I would be happy if the dealership would get my new toe link in. By the way how are those power stop rotors holding up?

Isn’t it funny how the dash cam just happens to loop over the good parts! That swaybar should really inhance your ride since you’re already lowered! Hopefully someday you’ll have time to take her to the track and really give her a workout. Thanks for the link to the Steeda adjustable swaybar it looks like a good addition but right now I would be happy if the dealership would get my new toe link in. By the way how are those power stop rotors holding up?
PowerStops are holding up fantastic but with the new ST out, I'm asking Ford if the Brembo Brakes are now available for the 16 models!

PowerStops are holding up fantastic but with the new ST out, I'm asking Ford if the Brembo Brakes are now available for the 16 models!
Whoa!! Now that would be sweet. I just had my 30,000 mile service and my service adviser tried to convince me it would be more expensive because I have two turbos ( his words) Then he proceeded to argue with me when I told him my X has no turbos it’s an XLT with the sport appearance package and opened the hood to show him. So I’m afraid he and others there would be clueless about wether the Brembos for the ST would fit. He also told me later that I needed a new air filter with the service it was very dirty... I have an cai...again didn’t know wether to laugh or get mad! So long story short please let us know what you find out, thanks.

I've wanted some molded floor mats but am a cheap a$$ and didn't want to spend the money for weathertechs. Decided to give an ebay set a shot. Pleasantly surprised. Once they relax and warm up they should fit perfectly.

k43fqHs.jpg

O1duPGC.jpg

XcXOcJ8.jpg

lHqPHnH.jpg

l9GqjbP.jpg

GRiR6yj.jpg

FBccSqC.jpg

efRXylI.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back