4rd Xplora

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
On a Round Rock in Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
93-96 Ford Rims.jpg
I may be looking for a set of these in 16's if they will fit a 96 Explorer two wheel drive w/ 4.0. Does anyone know if they will?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure the bolt pattern would fit, but I would try them (front and rear) to make sure there's no interference with the brake calipers and tie rod ends. My guess is they'll fit, but unless you're using ceramic brake pads in the front they'll be a PITA to keep clean. I had similar sets of snowflake-style wheels on an Oldsmobile and on a Chrysler minivan. I had to clean them with a toothbrush. Too much work if you like a clean vehicle.

I was mostly concerned about the back spacing, but when I find a set, checking clearance is the first thing I'll do, Koda. Thanks as usual.

The stock backspacing is 4 3/8" on a 7" wide wheel'
By the pic, those look like they will fit.
Nice wheels.

Thanks ThreeJs. This is the info I was looking for. The White Explorer in your :Show off your wheels" is what gave me the idea. Also looking for a set of "Tear Drop" 16" aluminum factory wheels too. Which ever I find first goes on. Thanks again.

Found a set like this one. Need to strip them to get rid of the clear coat and polish around the rim. View media item 54451

Back