How good are 2nd gens for off-roading? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How good are 2nd gens for off-roading?

My Dad drove all over Moab in a bone stock 1991 Explorer. They were out on Golden Spike and a bunch of bolt-on Jeepers drove by. One of them asked them how they got out there. Dad said "I drove". He also did Black Bear Pass and a bunch of other stuff in Colorado, and followed us all over Truckhaven in a stock 99 4Runner. Having a vehicle with limitations forces you to learn to be a better off-road driver. I think everyone should drive around in a bone stock vehicle for a few years before starting the mods.

My Dad drove all over Moab in a bone stock 1991 Explorer. They were out on Golden Spike and a bunch of bolt-on Jeepers drove by. One of them asked them how they got out there. Dad said "I drove". He also did Black Bear Pass and a bunch of other stuff in Colorado, and followed us all over Truckhaven in a stock 99 4Runner. Having a vehicle with limitations forces you to learn to be a better off-road driver. I think everyone should drive around in a bone stock vehicle for a few years before starting the mods.

Truth!

Driving a point and shoot truck is easy, and gets you in trouble fast if you don't know what your doing, because you can drive it beyond your own ability.

Driving something basic teaches you skills, that you will even use on the street.

Back