2020 Explorer | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone! New to the forum and new to the Explorer. Picking up my 2020 XLT today. Excited!

Awesome!! Congrats and please post pics of inside and out. I believe this would be the 1st xlt on the forum.

PS - Welcome to the forum!! Lots of good info already.

Hi everyone! New to the forum and new to the Explorer. Picking up my 2020 XLT today. Excited!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Thank goodness for Automatic Closed Caption translations.

That is for the tow hook that if it existed, screws into a fitting behind a panel on the passenger side of the front bumper. I don't have one in there either.

I noticed it looked like something missing there in mine too. Is there supposed to be a tow hook with the vehicle??

I noticed it looked like something missing there in mine too. Is there supposed to be a tow hook with the vehicle??
After looking at multiple pictures on this forum, I don't see a place to use a tow hook. At least not like the 5th gens.

Peter

So I was digging around the cargo area and looked at the emergency spare storage area. There is a small funnel on the left side in a storage slot and the right side has a similar slot that looks as if it was designed to hold something but was empty.

See pic below, just wondering if anyone has
Something there or knows what it’s for.
Could you take a picture of that item removed from its holder? Hard to tell exactly what it might be.

Peter

There is no tow hook for the 6the gen.. no holes in any of the bumpers for it.

Signing my contract for an Aviator tomorrow. Somewhere in some forum I have seen a mention of no charge map updates if I have it in the contract. Any idea where I could find this?

Not aware of that. You can try calling the dealer or Lincoln and ask them.

Peter

There is no tow hook for the 6the gen.. no holes in any of the bumpers for it.
E6861F0B-B4B9-40EF-BA3E-F1DA6AC74730.jpeg

AED92882-B182-4A24-B18C-CF1A0281D5A8.jpeg

Here’s what the 2020 manual says. I don’t have any hook either and haven’t followed up. Are we sure there are no such access panels on the 6th gen?

View attachment 173352
View attachment 173353
Here’s what the 2020 manual says. I don’t have any hook either and haven’t followed up. Are we sure there are no such access panels on the 6th gen?

One in the front, see my post above, I did not find one in the back and again, understand it because it would not be needed with the receiver being capable of having a recovery apparatus put into it.

One in the front, see my post above, I did not find one in the back and again, understand it because it would not be needed with the receiver being capable of having a recovery apparatus put into it.
Hmmm . . . guess a call to the dealer is in order for those of us with empty slots.

Not sure this is the exact one to fit the spot with the rear tire... but maybe:

CapturFiles-201909245_2109.png

Hmmm . . . guess a call to the dealer is in order for those of us with empty slots.
Yup.. I am gonna stop tomorrow and check with my parts guy. We have made a pretty good relationship. Between all the stuff I ordered for my 6.0 and then my F150... he knows me well. Heck one day I was in there we went out back during his lunch and ran a ntiro RC buggy he had with him. Luckily I used to fly RC Helis, and plenty of buggys so when he handed my the controller, I was not a big noob :)

If the tow eye exists, he will find it.

With the issues CAP has with QC, I wouldn't be surprised if the have just forgotten to put them in.

I did not want to make a new thread just for this but does anyone know when you buy for Explorer, where can you find your vehicle key code to if needed, leave the keys inside if you have the code. Dealer did not give it to me and I still have to double check my owners manual package for the 2nd time just in case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not want to make a new thread just for this but does anyone know when you buy for Explorer, where can you find your vehicle key code to if needed, leave the keys inside if you have the code. Dealer did not give it to me and I still have to double check my owners manual package for the 2nd time just in case.

In the glove box was a small white card a little bigger than a credit card.

Back