New v3.0 Build Available | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

I had to chat with the online Ford team yesterday too to get my account straightened out, and finally it showed up as well for me a few minutes ago.

I can confirm at least for my 2019 Explorer Sport, that I received the same build and info as Silverkorn above in his post - same URL, same info.

I also confirmed on a couple other forums, specifically on f150forum.com that this is essentially the same as some of the other sources for the 19205 build that have been passed around.

A shame others have had a bad experience with the support team - what I Iearned from the chat yesterday I went though was that they do have access to check based on a VIN if there is an update present - but they don't have access to the build #'s nor can they be certain with any certainty that its not the previous update or one that may/may not already have been applied. Ford should fix that for sure.

I am chalking up this rollout discrepancy to a few things (speculation, but informed speculation):

1. They are in the middle of a migration to a new site wide SSO (Single Sign-on) auth mechanism that is exposed through ibmcloud web services, and its not 100% integrated yet without bugs/issues - there are tons of unnecessary re-directs and other workarounds just to shoehorn this in - its is far from ideal.

2. They have to be enforcing some form of staged rollout based on some internal criteria (zip/geoIP, VIN sequences, account status, etc.) or some combo - they also know if you are happy/satisfied/mad, etc. - they track this - its right in the data that the site exposes - and squeaky wheels are likely allowing you to get bumped into the current queued group of people who can get results and access to the downloads. I base this on the previous urls and services they used to deploy assets, and the new links which are now hosted on Microsofts AzureEdge - they charge for the outgoing bandwidth (rates here: Pricing - Content Delivery Network (CDN) | Microsoft Azure ), and if they opened the gates to everyone at once, its possible they would incur bursting charges or additional charges to handle the sudden influx of requests, and the scale up to handle that overall capacity. I would be willing to be thats the real cause/case - could be totally wrong, but don't think I am. The fact that none of the OTA updates work either is likely a cost issue as to opposed to any real technical challenges. Especially if Ford is on the hook for any bandwidth charges where the updates for Sync might come over the included trial hotspots or Fordpass network)...

It's just a shame Ford isn't more transparent on this, wether it is something along the lines of my speculation, or some other issue, most people just want to be informed, and not have to wonder what is going on.

Anyway, my two cents. Going to apply the update this afternoon and check to see what's fixed and what's not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not if a dealer has to do it unless you have specific issue with the software.

Peter

Huh. My dealer updated mine before for free. Had no issues.

Just going by what the Ford reps posted when they were here.

Peter

I'm going to try chat now. We'll see how that goes.

Just did chat. Apparently there is no update for my Explorer (which is BS). Also, wifi updates are not available.

Has anyone upgraded to 19205 have Nav? And was it successful?

I downloaded the file from the link above and am wondering if I should try this.

Has anyone upgraded to 19205 have Nav? And was it successful?...........
Yes, me. If you are talking about the link in post #30, then that is the file.

Peter

Because I'm out of warranty the dealership wanted to charge me $135 just to diagnose the problem. They never could find out why my car was 2 updates behind, So we have no idea if it will update un the future correctly. The update does seem to have fixed my bluetooth issues though.

Has anyone upgraded to 19205 have Nav? And was it successful?

I downloaded the file from the link above and am wondering if I should try this.

I have Nav in my Ex as well.

Just tried the portal again. No updates.

Dis anyone with an 18 get the update from there?

Wow. So frustrating. Ford customer support can only read me canned replies and is no acutal help, and my local dealership will charge me $135 plus tax to update me..............WTF. :(

no one in any department of customer service seems to have any clue that there is even a build number for Sync..................

Your experiences are common, those of us who suffered through the My Ford Disappoint (Touch) saga for years have had the exact same response. They actually had In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Reps on this forum and their canned response was "Please Contact your Dealership" Then you would go to your dealership and they would look at you all confused and say "You better call the IVT Support Line"

Probably one of the worst multi media platform roll outs in the history of automotive technology.

Even today its not much better, the OTA updating promises of SYNC3 have been over promised and under delivered.

Just got back from my dealer. There is no SYNC 3 update for my Explorer. I have 18093.

So I'm up to date?

Just got back from my dealer. There is no SYNC 3 update for my Explorer. I have 18093.

So I'm up to date?
Latest build is 19205. I assume you have navigation?

Peter

I do have Nav.
I don't understand why there is no update availability shown for your vehicle. Your current build number is what mine was before my update to 19205.

Peter

Not sure either. When I got in my car at the dealer I checked right away, saw 18093 and went back inside. They said my VIN is up to date.

Not sure either. When I got in my car at the dealer I checked right away, saw 18093 and went back inside. They said my VIN is up to date.

That was the build on my 17 Sport, I did the OTA WiFi search for updates yesterday and it found the 19205 build and installed it. Maybe try that over the next few days.

That was the build on my 17 Sport, I did the OTA WiFi search for updates yesterday and it found the 19205 build and installed it. Maybe try that over the next few days.

I will. It is frustrating that I don't have it yet...and I don't even know what it does.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

some reporting mysterious versions 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4

Back