Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The TSB is shown in post #277.

Peter

Courtesy of ttpete...thank you! This TSB applies to 2018 & 2019 Explorers built on/before 13 Nov 2018 with the 4G antenna.

My antenna got destroyed by a low-hanging tree. I never got the TSB fix. Hoping the dealership will use the TSB to replace it since I qualify for a replacement due to the issue.

I have been having major issues with the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" and it's really upsetting. I did the refresh signal so many times that now my phone has remembered my radio number. I took it into the dealer only to be told they checked and all updates are already applied. They said to keep driving it and see if it fixes itself... IT HAS NOT!! I can't believe I paid so much for this thing and it's not working. My 9 year old car has never failed me and I'm driving it more than the new piece of ….

I have been having major issues with the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" and it's really upsetting. I did the refresh signal so many times that now my phone has remembered my radio number. I took it into the dealer only to be told they checked and all updates are already applied. They said to keep driving it and see if it fixes itself... IT HAS NOT!! I can't believe I paid so much for this thing and it's not working. My 9 year old car has never failed me and I'm driving it more than the new piece of ….

Assuming you are the original owner you should know if the antenna has been replaced under the TSB. If it has not then get it replaced.

Welcome to the Forum David.:wave:
Did you read through the thread? There is a TSB on this issue which calls for the antenna replacement as Jason indicated. Obviously, the dealer's techs are not aware of what is required. Surprisingly this isn't unusual. As mentioned in my post on this page, the TSB can be found in post 277. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum David.:wave:
Did you read through the thread? There is a TSB on this issue which calls for the antenna replacement as Jason indicated. Obviously, the dealer's techs are not aware of what is required. Surprisingly this isn't unusual. As mentioned in my post on this page, the TSB can be found in post 277. Good luck.

Peter
Yes thank you Peter, I did see that and I already printed the forms out. And I set up my appointment for the Ford dealership for next week. I hope this works thank you so much.

Yes thank you Peter, I did see that and I already printed the forms out. And I set up my appointment for the Ford dealership for next week. I hope this works thank you so much.

Its unfortunate that your dealer is inept and can't find this for themselves. They literally type your VIN into OASIS (thats Fords service system) and then can search through a list of known issues and remedies for that specific vehicle. The TSB for the antenna would be in that list.

I guess I should make sure before saying that...the vehicle was made on or before 11/13/18 right?

Its unfortunate that your dealer is inept and can't find this for themselves. They literally type your VIN into OASIS (thats Fords service system) and then can search through a list of known issues and remedies for that specific vehicle. The TSB for the antenna would be in that list.

I guess I should make sure before saying that...the vehicle was made on or before 11/13/18 right?
Yes I purchased the vehicle in February of 2018

Getting mine replaced soon. The part had to be ordered last week.

Yes I purchased the vehicle in February of 2018
Update:
Well it's about two weeks since I had the antenna replaced and it's still giving me a bad signal. I contacted the garage and they said they're not sure what else to do. I am so frustrated.!!

Your dealer obviously isn't the best at this stuff. I would take it elsewhere. They couldn't find the TSB to begin with, wonder if they properly replaced the antenna. There is an entire section in the service manual for troubleshooting things like this even without trouble codes being pressent. Honestly it sounds like they just don't want to deal with it.

Update:
Well it's about two weeks since I had the antenna replaced and it's still giving me a bad signal. I contacted the garage and they said they're not sure what else to do. I am so frustrated.!!
Is there any indication on the invoice that they removed the headliner? They would have had to do that but I don't know if it would appear as an itemized item or lumped in with labour costs.

Peter

Finally got mine fixed this morning. I had been getting drop outs lately.

Hopefully this fixes the issues.

I did notice the gasket is a little bigger on this one.

Hmmm.... looks like I may be the first 2019 with this issue. However what I noticed first was that the FordPass app had stopped sending me telemetry for my vehicle. I no longer get tire pressure, location, oil level, etc. any longer even though my vehicle is still visible on the app. Then last night I got "acquiring signal" on my trip home after having it work all day and never having a problem before. I'm at about 8500 miles and 7 months of ownership, so those details seem to track with everyone else. I think the LTE still works in the vehicle it's just the vehicle transmitting information that's kaput? I'm going to make sure it's still an issue today before contacting the dealership.

UPDATE: Satellite worked fine today. FordPass still out of commission, so I'm skeptical this will continue without issue.

Hmmm.... looks like I may be the first 2019 with this issue. However what I noticed first was that the FordPass app had stopped sending me telemetry for my vehicle. I no longer get tire pressure, location, oil level, etc. any longer even though my vehicle is still visible on the app. Then last night I got "acquiring signal" on my trip home after having it work all day and never having a problem before. I'm at about 8500 miles and 7 months of ownership, so those details seem to track with everyone else. I think the LTE still works in the vehicle it's just the vehicle transmitting information that's kaput? I'm going to make sure it's still an issue today before contacting the dealership.

UPDATE: Satellite worked fine today. FordPass still out of commission, so I'm skeptical this will continue without issue.

Michael,
My Ford Pass was out over the weekend . Yesterday I just uninstalled/ reinstalled the app and the telemetry now populates. Give it a try.

Thank you for the add. I have been researching my issues and came upon this forum.
I have had so many issues from my 2018 Edge Titianium. I have also found issues in the Ranger forum.
My Sync with navigation will not allow Travel link. I can not check weather, gas or traffic. I have called Sirius and Ford although both did put blame on each other.
As of today Ford is escalating my issue. They have told my dealership to do whatever means necessary to get it fixed.
My issue is, on Sirius radio subscription page the radio subscription says active while the travel link etc says not available.

I also have a 2019 Explorer Platinum that experienced this problem last September, then it magically disappeared and the radio worked great until a couple of days ago. The radio displayed a message that it was doing an update, and it was fine for a day, and now all I get is the message that it is trying to acquire a signal. Is the update being done by Ford or is it being done by Sirius radio? I checked the build date on my car and it is 12/18 on the B pillar sticker. I don't know where the sticker is located that would give me the exact date of production. I bought the car used with 22K on the odometer in August. I have printed the TSB and will be taking it to the dealer, but when it was in for service in September, they couldn't find any problems with the radio. Has Ford updated the TSB to include any later build dates for these cars? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have a 2019 Explorer Platinum that experienced this problem last September, then it magically disappeared and the radio worked great until a couple of days ago. The radio displayed a message that it was doing an update, and it was fine for a day, and now all I get is the message that it is trying to acquire a signal. Is the update being done by Ford or is it being done by Sirius radio? I checked the build date on my car and it is 12/18 on the B pillar sticker. I don't know where the sticker is located that would give me the exact date of production. I bought the car used with 22K on the odometer in August. I have printed the TSB and will be taking it to the dealer, but when it was in for service in September, they couldn't find any problems with the radio. Has Ford updated the TSB to include any later build dates for these cars? thanks

Sirius radio updates are always done OTA but it's usually clear in the message on the screen its a SiriusXM update, not Ford SYNC.

That's the previous Generation so I can't remember did they have 4G modems inside?

Can you go into settings and connect your vehicle to WiFi and force it to check for updates?

The other thing I would try is a battery terminal (Negative) disconnect for 30 minutes

If no changes then its the dealership who must diagnose.

Back