2020 reviews are starting to roll in | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 reviews are starting to roll in

Doesn't matter if it's ST, Platinum or base--the interior is low rent! Unless you are completely blinded by the powertrain, it is easy to be at least a little disappointed by just about everything else. I see the term "half baked" used in reviews and it is fitting.

Coming from a 2011 that had 146k on it, it's definitely not low rent. And the $8k more I spent on this one from my last purchase over 8 years ago is fine by me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

King of the hill review. St.

He has a lot of bad info in this video but regardless, I still can't get my cluster to change like he does at 10:05 in the video. Pressing that button just turns lane departure warning on/off and does not move the speedo to the middle of the display.

He has a lot of bad info in this video but regardless, I still can't get my cluster to change like he does at 10:05 in the video. Pressing that button just turns lane departure warning on/off and does not move the speedo to the middle of the display.

Then you need to go to your dealer. That is the 1st button that is pressed to activate the whole hands free driving lane keeping feature.

I had the same issue and turned this off: Distance Indication and Alert (page 266 in the owners manual).

The only glowing reviews are coming from owners of the previous gens Ford Explorers.

The only glowing reviews are coming from owners of the previous gens Ford Explorers.

They are comparing same price points, not same trim levels. That will always give lower marks to a lower optioned vehicle. In reality, koreans have to give a better value/packages because they are Korean. I'd love to see the top of the line Korean models compare with the Platinum regardless of price point... a top of the line Kia/Hyundai should not be compared to a XLT which is the 2nd lowest trim of the Explorer.

Like this?

20191021_192537.jpg

20191021_192735.jpg

Ya, Will's response was spot on. Distance Indication and Alert (page 266 in the owners manual). I disabled that this morning and the speedo is now in the middle. Yay!

All I did was enable the calm screen and selected that as the display screen. Then turning the lane feature on/off moved it. Didnt have to do anything Will stated.

2020 Ford Explorer vs. 2020 Kia Telluride: Can Korean Newcomer Compete?

Say what you will about Kia in general but the points made in this comparo are pretty on point. Had the opportunity to see one up close and was impressed by the Telluride. I love the looks of my ST but the Telluride seemed to have a fit and finish that was much higher, especially interior. The interior of my ST is like something out of the $30-40k price range, not $60k. Reminds me of my old WRX--pretty cheap interior with some sporty tidbits added.

Interesting.... I saw a Telluride up close and personal as it was being traded on a 2020 Explorer Platinum and its owner was not impressed by it. Neither was I. I definitely did not like the looks of the Telluride on the exterior or the interior. The ass end is ugly as ****. Interior is so ...... ehhhh.

Doesn't matter if it's ST, Platinum or base--the interior is low rent! Unless you are completely blinded by the powertrain, it is easy to be at least a little disappointed by just about everything else. I see the term "half baked" used in reviews and it is fitting.
opinions are like butt holes......we all have them and all are different. Doesn't make yours any more right than mine. I love the interior on the new Explorer ST

This is new;

Explorer ST vs Volvo XC90 by Alex on Autos (generally a very good auto reviewer)

My abridged review, my ST is not perfect and I have my complaints, but boy I sure do miss it when I'm forced to drive a rental.

I did my own review. I test drove and thoroughly investigated several suv in the 5 and 7 seat classes. I'm not interest in some biased or ignorant opinion given by media types. Fake reviews imo.
My money went on a 2020 explorer and we love it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back