Rear eye leaf spring bushings

Brem95

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Explorer Sport OHV
Hello, I’ve searched the forum but just want to get a clear cut answer so I know if the parts I ordered will work to get my truck back on the road.

I have a 97 sport with stock leafs, I bought warrior shackles installed driver side but passenger side bolt was seized in bushing so I was forced to drill out the bushing. I ordered energy suspension 4.2124r and plan on currently only doing rear spring eye bushings. I know it’s a kit for older models but after searching I saw that it will be compatible for shackle bushings and eye bushings. Can anyone confirm this? Do I remove the old bushing sleeves from the spring eyes? Want to make the install as painless as possible after work tmrw so I can drive the vehicle again.

Thanks!

Link to the kit you purchased would be helpful.
As far as I know, shackle and eye bushings are different. The eyes on 95 and newer Explorers are smaller diameter than the 91-94 models, at least at the front mount. You should not have rubber bushings in one end and poly in the other.

Link to the kit you purchased would be helpful.
As far as I know, shackle and eye bushings are different. The eyes on 95 and newer Explorers are smaller diameter than the 91-94 models, at least at the front mount. You should not have rubber bushings in one end and poly in the other.
Free Shipping To Canada And Usa For Energy Suspension 4.2124r - Rear Spring Bushings | Tdot Performance

As far as I know shackle and rear eyes will fit. Front eye will not. I will change shackle to body and rear eye for now, then purchase poly front in the near future. I just need something to get my vehicle on the road and oem parts are 10-15 days so this was the only option.

All worked out!

6D4F642B-893F-4249-91A9-58CC4CF40BB4.jpeg

Back