2003 Explorer, Low Beams stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer, Low Beams stopped working

ike1012

Reaction score
City, State
Brick, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
Good Day Everyone, I was hoping I could get some assistance. The low beams stopped working on my 2003 Explorer. I checked all of the fuses, and they are all good! I find it hard to believe that both of the bulbs would go out at the same time. I hear that the Multi Function switch could be the culprit? Can someone please shed some light on what else it could be before I go taking the dash apart.... Id certainly appreciate it!

Ike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Burned out bulbs?

Sometimes condensation can form and settle on the bottom inside the headlight housing. When you hammer the gas from a dead stop sometimes it splashes up and takes out both headlights at the same time.

Seen it happen all the time when drag racing on abandoned roads.

Check the low beam on one of the bulbs for continuity before you start throwing parts at it.

Good Day Everyone, I was hoping I could get some assistance. The low beams stopped working on my 2003 Explorer. I checked all of the fuses, and they are all good! I find it hard to believe that both of the bulbs would go out at the same time. I hear that the Multi Function switch could be the culprit? Can someone please shed some light on what else it could be before I go taking the dash apart.... Id certainly appreciate it!

Ike

Did you ever find out what the probelm was? My '04 has the exact same issue, and the high beams work fine, just no low beams. My fuses are o.k. as well.
Hope you got it fixed.

Chris
'04 XLT 4.0L

Don't you love it when people don't come back to finish off their threads.
Some people are giver others taker.

Don't you love it when people don't come back to finish off their threads.
Some people are giver others taker.

Took me a minute to understand what you meant. I didn't realize how old the post was (lol).I've been driving around while it's light out since this happened last Thursday, but am running out of options with dalight savings time coming up this weekend. Don't want my wife driving with no low beams.

Back