Rear axle more over to the passenger side | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear axle more over to the passenger side

Throwing in one more possibility - check your leaf spring center pins. There was a big thread years ago about them rusting out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Throwing in one more possibility - check your leaf spring center pins. There was a big thread years ago about them rusting out.
Okay I will take a look at that also when I take it apart sometime this week. I took it back apart yesterday and I didn't even look on that thanks

It wouldn't take much if the old worn mounts have let the body shift. If your tires are wearing good, I'd bet it's mounts shifting.
I hope so I've put a lot in already and would hate to be speeding all the time and money for nothing. Thanks again

Unfortunately 01 and up Sports and Sport Tracs have body mounts that seem like they were made with very poor rubber compared to the earlier generations. They all disintegrate fairly quickly. I guess Ford thought they were saving a buck and it was just not relegated to Explorers. I have a 2012 F350 Superduty 6.7 at work that all the body mounts rotted apart...after 59k miles.

Unfortunately 01 and up Sports and Sport Tracs have body mounts that seem like they were made with very poor rubber compared to the earlier generations. They all disintegrate fairly quickly. I guess Ford thought they were saving a buck and it was just not relegated to Explorers. I have a 2012 F350 Superduty 6.7 at work that all the body mounts rotted apart...after 59k miles.
Yeah these days it seems like everything's made of crap that breaks in no time. The price don't go down for us the consumer just goes down for them and then we have to pay for it down the road welcome to the new world. I did notice the amount of them home when I went to the Boneyard. They have five or six two-door Sports which were all rotted out. So I looked at it the explorers 4 doors to to see if I can make them work and they were all gone pretty insane.

How many does a Sport have? I might have some mounts on a frame I think, or at least a partial set. I think a XLT is 10, how many is a Sport? 8? 6?

No, still 10, just closer together.

I checked my frame, they're all there, I don't think there's any pieces missing either. The hardware is long gone though, I literally pulled the bolts and lifted the body off the frame on my V8 donor.

H
I checked my frame, they're all there, I don't think there's any pieces missing either. The hardware is long gone though, I literally pulled the bolts and lifted the body off the frame on my V8 donor.
Ok

That's awesome how much would you like for them? Thanks

I don't have any idea what they're worth. Anybody on here know? Anybody ever bought a used set? I'll get them off the frame tomorrow when it quits raining.

Lol that's true but my ocd won't let me

You would not like my Explorer. After owning it about a year (it was still under the factory warranty), I was trying to get something to line up between the rear frame rails, I forget what. I noticed the passenger side rail sits a full inch lower than the driver side. I called my brother, who was working at a Ford dealership as a Service Writer at the time. He checked and said that was within tolerances.

I don't have any idea what they're worth. Anybody on here know? Anybody ever bought a used set? I'll get them off the frame tomorrow when it quits raining.
Just think about it and lete know. Thanks

You would not like my Explorer. After owning it about a year (it was still under the factory warranty), I was trying to get something to line up between the rear frame rails, I forget what. I noticed the passenger side rail sits a full inch lower than the driver side. I called my brother, who was working at a Ford dealership as a Service Writer at the time. He checked and said that was within tolerances.
That's pretty crazy how they say it's intolerance when we pay so much for these vehicles. After doing so much research on this it seems like every vehicle maker is the same Toyota being some of the worst with their Tundras. After I install the body mounts and if it's still the same I'm just going to put a wheel spacer on one side so it won't drive me crazy.

Back