How many people have had the airbag warning light activate | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

Have you had the airbag warning light activate?

• No - my airbag light has never activated

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and it has been fixed for more than 6 months

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and it has been fixed for less than 6 months

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Yes - I took it to the dealer and the problem was not fixed. It has come back on again.

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Yes - I have not taken it to be fixed.

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Yes - I fixed it myself.

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
I believe he is referring to the 2nd row seats. Did you work on the connector under the drive's seat? That is where most of the problems were. When someone says 'rear seats' I think of the 3rd row as well.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven’t do anything on the driver seat, the weird thing is that the light isn’t always on, in the morning is always of and in my back from work in the afternoon on.

Thanks Will, are you talking about the second row seat or third row?
Yes, it is always the second row for me. I have the bench, and find that either/both sides have wire and connector near the pivot at the front of the seat. It is tricky to get the connector to open up, so usually just wiggle the wires a little bit, and it does the trick for me.

I have the same complaint. My airbag light was on/off over the last 2 months and now is on all the time. I contacted a representative from Ford and she said there hasn't been a recall for this particular issue yet but she made a record of the complaint with Ford and also directed me to register the complaint at the website below. The more complaints the better the chances are that this issue will be recalled so please contact both Ford on their website or by phone AND register the complaint with NHTSA. She also said if I get the repair done and the issue gets recalled I will also get a refund on the expense of the repair. Please register your complaints and lets get this issue recalled!!

File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Welcome to the Forum Thea.:wave:
Have you checked the connector under the driver's seat? It has been the cause of many of these issues.

Peter

Where are the C210 and C211 connectors?

I took off the driver's side scuff plate as the TSB mentions and did not locate them in the plastic box under the scuff plate.

Working on a B1212 code, thank you!

2012 Ford Explorer Ltd

Thank you for the quick reply!

“The requested thread could not be found.”

Could it have been deleted for age?

Thank you for the quick reply!

“The requested thread could not be found.”

Could it have been deleted for age?
I just tried it and it worked for me. If you are not able to get it to work, just go to the List of Useful Thread inthe "Sticky" section of this subforum and go down to the Component View for the 2011 - 2015 Explorer.

Peter

Thanks, I’ll give that a try on the laptop.

Update: I found the two connectors behind the carpet on a hunch. Cleaned them up and the light is off!

Thanks for the help!

This was a symptom of a low battery on older models of Explorer.

Mine came on 2 days after I bought my 2015 end of October. Been in the shop for a week now to replace 2 harnesses. Dealer thought the fix only involved one harness and the second one came in last Friday. TSB fix looks easy but I'm under warranty. So, I had the car 2 days and the dealer has had it 7 days.

Mine came on 2 days after I bought my 2015 end of October. Been in the shop for a week now to replace 2 harnesses. Dealer thought the fix only involved one harness and the second one came in last Friday. TSB fix looks easy but I'm under warranty. So, I had the car 2 days and the dealer has had it 7 days.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

My battery died as I was taking possession of the vehicle, but I didn't notice the airbag light while trying to figure out all of the buttons to drive the thing. Day 9 and it's supposed to be ready today after I ripped into the dealer yesterday.

Hi everyone, I also am also unable to see the diagrams referenced. I can't access the component list via sticky, says thread not found.

Can anyone post a pic or help explain where to find C210 and C211? Much appreciated in advance!

Hi everyone, I also am also unable to see the diagrams referenced. I can't access the component list via sticky, says thread not found.

Can anyone post a pic or help explain where to find C210 and C211? Much appreciated in advance!
The links indicated work for me as does the thread itself.

2011_explorer_componentviews_15.png

2011_explorer_componentviews_17.png

Thanks Peter. This helped me locate it. I snapped a picture as well.

Simply unplugging, and replugging C211 shut off the airbag light for me. Thanks for the assistance.

IMG_20191130_152901478.jpg

Those who successfully cleaned your connectors- how did you do this? Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal as well?
My light is on too and I strongly suspect it’s the harness for the second row on the drivers side- that thing is pretty wiggly on its bracket (if that makes sense).

I’d rather avoid the dealer - would rather cut off my hand at this point.

So I noticed the light would come off and on, and has been on steady for the last 2 weeks. Did some research and got out my ELM327 and updated my FORscan software and went to work. Found the B141C and B141C codes. I have the captains chairs for second row on my Sport, so popped them up. I didn't see anything around the connectors that would look funky like a bad wire. I moved the connectors around to make sure, and made they they were connected. Went up front and started the car and low and behold the light is off. I went back and moved the seats around and adjusted the seat backs and the light didn't come on again. Hoping it was just the wire harness was in a bad position.

Hopefully this is the last I see of this, and might help someone else. So far I am really liking my 17 Sport. Bought it used with 61K on it so the warranty would be out for the SRS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Many of the issues were traced back to the connector under the driver's seat. However, if moving the rear bucket seats around cleared the issue, then hopefully it remains 'fixed'. The warranty is 5 years, 60k miles so yes you are just over it. I don't understand why there is a mileage limitation on this though.

Peter

Back