Annoying things you have found that ford needs to fix | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Annoying things you have found that ford needs to fix

There is a button on the dash next to the hazard that disables the backup assist. Just have to remember to press it. I agree, there should be a way to disable the backup assist on a more permanent basis.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe all features that are regarded as 'Safety' related items will default to the factory settings after starting the vehicle. Perhaps FORScan has a solution.‍

Peter

Has anyone noticed where they put the battery? No problems with it, but was looking under the hood today and thought what one might have to go through to replace a battery....... Doesn't look to easy.

One more thing: the wireless phone charging pad will not fit an Iphone 8 plus with a case on it. Just two more millimeters would do it. If I take the case off, it fits. This seems like a design overlook since large phones and cases are so common and an extra couple millimeters is clearly achievable with the existing center console.

Has anyone noticed where they put the battery? No problems with it, but was looking under the hood today and thought what one might have to go through to replace a battery....... Doesn't look to easy.
See this post about removing the battery. Seems simple enough; View from Beneath a 2020 Explorer

Peter

One more thing: the wireless phone charging pad will not fit an Iphone 8 plus with a case on it. Just two more millimeters would do it. If I take the case off, it fits. This seems like a design overlook since large phones and cases are so common and an extra couple millimeters is clearly achievable with the existing center console.

Maybe consider a different case. Fits my wife's Iphone 11 Pro Max with case pretty easily.

I have found a quirk with intelligent cruise as well. I was on the highway set to 76mph in a 70 zone. I had been going along great for probably hours. However, I passed a truck weigh station and the Explorer read the 45mph speed limit sign that was way off the side exit road to the weigh station. At that point, the Explorer thought I had entered a 45mph zone and decreased my speed quite rapidly in the middle of the interstate. I caught it quickly, and thankfully it was light traffic. But it is proof that relying on anything "intelligent" is not reason to let your awareness down. The logic is not perfect.

i agree.. it shouldn't apply the brakes... it should just let off the gas. this will eventually case a rear end crash...Its way too aggressive!

My pet peève has been around for quite some time. I hate how if you get out of the car and close the door while it is running, the horn beeps twice.

And the 1/3 backup screen is too small, so i always have to change the view to get rid of the all around the car view.

Maybe consider a different case. Fits my wife's Iphone 11 Pro Max with case pretty easily.

Thanks, good tip. Got a slim case and it fits now. My old one was an Otter Box Defender, which is a bit bulky because it's overbuilt for max protection. Really glad I can charge my phone now

My pet peève has been around for quite some time. I hate how if you get out of the car and close the door while it is running, the horn beeps twice.

And the 1/3 backup screen is too small, so i always have to change the view to get rid of the all around the car view.

I see that carried over from the 5th gen Explorers. I too really dislike this. GM at least has a 3 very quick lighter in loudness and our Subaru beeps but not anywhere as close to the super loud/annoying way Ford does it.

Interestingly enough mine STOPPED doing the double beep the other day for some unknown reason......

Interestingly enough mine STOPPED doing the double beep the other day for some unknown reason......
Better take it to the dealer and get it fixed.:D

Peter

Bottle that and sell it please!

Actually over the years I have learned to finesse a partial door close to keep the elements out and beep at bay. But I slip up from time to time and my neighbors wonder what I am honking for!

Back