Rear Captain Chairs

s_harper

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hello everyone,
My name is Sam and I am new to the forum. Do not currently have an Explorer, but we will be buying a White ST at the end of the month and I cannot wait! My question is, is there anything that can be done about the cup holders on the floor between the rear captains chairs? Possibly a console that can raise it?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you thought about a refrigerator? I've seen several photos of fridges between the captain chairs, but not for the explorer. I bought this model to go behind the third row seats and it might fit nicely between your capt chairs. I can't our 2020 because we have the bench seating. Anyway, here's the site where we bought the fridge and it is perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-Electric-Powered-Cooler-Freezer/dp/B01MRDNXPL

There is no option for a different center console on the Explorer, only on the Aviator.

Bummer. That is really the only thing I am not a fan of.

I love them but fir me it is because I have 2 kids with booster seats still in the 2nd row. Makes it easy to pass things through and they can step over it if they want to go to the 3rd row.

I love them but fir me it is because I have 2 kids with booster seats still in the 2nd row. Makes it easy to pass things through and they can step over it if they want to go to the 3rd row.
Sorry, should have clarified, love the captain chairs, just not a fan of that plastic piece in between them.

Sorry, should have clarified, love the captain chairs, just not a fan of that plastic piece in between them.
Welcome to the Forum Sam.:wave:
Perhaps it can be removed without too much trouble but the question would be, Is there carpeting under there?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Sam.:wave:
Perhaps it can be removed without too much trouble but the question would be, Is there carpeting under there?

Peter
Thanks!

And yeah I don't think it would be worth removing.

Am I dreaming or was a 2nd row console available in early summer when I was considering an ST order? Seems I remember adding that option on the build and price form. I ended up with an Aviator and I really like the center console between the rear buckets.

Am I dreaming or was a 2nd row console available in early summer when I was considering an ST order? Seems I remember adding that option on the build and price form. I ended up with an Aviator and I really like the center console between the rear buckets.

Short console I standard with captains chairs.

I have forward facing and rear facing child seats. the step over console is the only way i can get to the third row...So I love it! And when everyone is seated it still holds drinks and keeps misc stuff from being thrown around.

Back