Aviator Hybrid scheduled for production next week. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator Hybrid scheduled for production next week.

Zeeb

Reaction score
City, State
St George, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Hybrid
Well so far everything the dealer has told me about dates has been correct. I ordered this in late August, about the end of September he told me that it was looking like week of Nov 11, for build and delivery mid Dec.

Just talked to him and it's supposed to be built next week, just like they told me initially.

Picture me fingers crossed, I've had new vehicles put on hold due some part not being available so it doesn't take much.

Just got another update from the dealer saying mine will go to production on 11/12/19.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you are correct. I have my VIN so I can check order status. My hybrid custom-ordered in July shows an "In Production" date of 11/4/19 with N/A for dealer delivery date.

I hope you are correct. I have my VIN so I can check order status. My hybrid custom-ordered in July shows an "In Production" date of 11/4/19 with N/A for dealer delivery date.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Well so far everything the dealer has told me about dates has been correct. I ordered this in late August, about the end of September he told me that it was looking like week of Nov 11, for build and delivery mid Dec.

Just talked to him and it's supposed to be built next week, just like they told me initially.

Picture me fingers crossed, I've had new vehicles put on hold due some part not being available so it doesn't take much.

Just got another update from the dealer saying mine will go to production on 11/12/19.

If I understand those links to Ford for checking your order process, they are supposed to show a build date if it's got one, all mine says "status":"Scheduled to Day","primaryStatus":"In Order Processing",

The other website to check for window stickers which according to one of the mods here, should be available 5-7 days before the vehicle goes to production. Checking that website for my sticker just says "that sticker has not been released yet".

I was in touch with my "concierge" lady about ten days ago and she is supposed to keep me updated on order progress twice a month starting tomorrow on the 15th of the month. We'll see but from what I already know, it ain't looking too spiffy.... :(

New email from my "concierge" lady and my Aviator is still just "in process", no dates available yet. Looks like crossing my fingers didn't help.... lol

Talked to my dealer on Friday and he told me that mine had been pushed back to the 18th of November and then again to the 25th of November instead of being produced last week. Never ordered a Ford before, but my experience with GM and Jeep indicate that this is what happens when the factory is short a part. So they'll push 'em back a week or so at at time waiting for the missing piece to show up at the factory.

WOOHOO!!!!! :)

The status of my order changed this after noon 11/19/19;
"Sent to Plant","primaryStatus":"In Production",

The other tracking page for stickers which I read somewhere here, is usually available 5 to 7 days before it gets sent to production, still says my sticker has not been released.

I've been forced to figure out how to break down those "Blend" dates. They European format had me confused and I wasn't aware that the last four digits are a sequence number. I now believe that the bottom center date inside the line is the day that the order gets updated. The date on the bottom left outside the line is the date that the sticker was assigned/generated.The Blend date and the date on the lower right corner are the same and have always said 12-01-19 on the sticker for the build date.

My salesman sent me a copy of the dealers notice and all the dates that I was told showed up on the form. The blend date never changed, so all this monkey business about contacting the dealer and checking the Ford customer tracking web site has been for naught.

So unless something funky happens, it should be built next Sunday the 12-01-2019. Funny thing about that date is my salesman told me it'd be December before it was built and that was in August.

I've been forced to figure out how to break down those "Blend" dates. They European format had me confused and I wasn't aware that the last four digits are a sequence number. I now believe that the bottom center date inside the line is the day that the order gets updated. The date on the bottom left outside the line is the date that the sticker was assigned/generated.The Blend date and the date on the lower right corner are the same and have always said 12-01-19 on the sticker for the build date.

My salesman sent me a copy of the dealers notice and all the dates that I was told showed up on the form. The blend date never changed, so all this monkey business about contacting the dealer and checking the Ford customer tracking web site has been for naught.

So unless something funky happens, it should be built next Sunday the 12-01-2019. Funny thing about that date is my salesman told me it'd be December before it was built and that was in August.

Okay it's been a long 10 days. My salesman called me yesterday 12/04/19 to say that my Aviator was "in production" but the ford.com tracking website didn't indicate any change. Today's update including a build date of 12/04/19 showed up plus an ETA date of 12/29/19.

YES!

However based on what I've learned here, I'm reasonably convinced that it has been built. The "end date ETA" is still really suspect, but at least it looks like it's built..... :)

I finally have an estimated delivery date of 12/24!! Hello Christmas present!

The strange thing is yesterday my status was In production on 11/4 with no other update but today it shows check boxes for "In Production" and "Awaiting Shipment" and an estimated delivery date.

Ford must only update the tracking site a few times a week.

I'd be curious to see if it actually is delivered on Christmas Eve. Many places around here tend to close early on that day. Fingers crossed.:)

Peter

I’ve noticed that the tracking updates, most mornings around 9am (EAstern standard time).

I'd be curious to see if it actually is delivered on Christmas Eve. Many places around here tend to close early on that day. Fingers crossed.:)

Peter
We stopped by the dealer this last weekend to check on our order and actually test drive one with air ride and they said a recent order was scheduled to be built the week of Christmas. I wonder if they are working through some holiday shut down to catch up.

I finally have an estimated delivery date of 12/24!! Hello Christmas present!

The strange thing is yesterday my status was In production on 11/4 with no other update but today it shows check boxes for "In Production" and "Awaiting Shipment" and an estimated delivery date.

Ford must only update the tracking site a few times a week.

If you live in the US that would be a good thing so you can claim that tax rebate sooner. If not you will have to wait until you file in 2021.

That is really the main reason we didn't order the hybrid. If you got it fully loaded BTW the rebate makes it the same price of the non hybrid. We just didn't tap that much into the home building fund for the down payment equal to the rebate.

It doesn't look like there are any rebates on pure hybrids any more (at least not Federal or CA), only Plug-ins or pure electric vehicles.

It doesn't look like there are any rebates on pure hybrids any more (at least not Federal or CA), only Plug-ins or pure electric vehicles.

Luckily the Aviator is a plug in.

Thanks for deleting my post.
I love the aviator and test drive one and I wish I was in the club of ordering one of the hybrid aviators (which is on topic pretty sure)
And I wish you luck, hope you get it soon!
Hope this doesn’t get deleted

Got some disconcerting news from my dealer this morning. My tracking website information changed the "etaEndDate" from 2019-12-29 to the infamous 1990-01-01 so I called and asked them to check and see what was going on. They told me that the end date had changed since my Aviator just got back from "Quality Control" and didn't yet have a ship date.

I asked him why it went to QC and he didn't know and I don't imagine Ford is going to tell the dealer why either. This new piece of information leaves me quite unhappy and very worried..... :censored:

We stopped by the dealer this last weekend to check on our order and actually test drive one with air ride and they said a recent order was scheduled to be built the week of Christmas. I wonder if they are working through some holiday shut down to catch up.

My dealer told me this morning that they are shutting down and will not reopen until 01-02-2020

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got some disconcerting news from my dealer this morning. My tracking website information changed the "etaEndDate" from 2019-12-29 to the infamous 1990-01-01 so I called and asked them to check and see what was going on. They told me that the end date had changed since my Aviator just got back from "Quality Control" and didn't yet have a ship date.

I asked him why it went to QC and he didn't know and I don't imagine Ford is going to tell the dealer why either. This new piece of information leaves me quite unhappy and very worried..... :censored:
Perhaps it is one of those picked off the line for testing and closer examination to confirm that the build is as it should be.:dunno:
If that is the case, then it could be a good thing. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Peter

Back