18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack

It may have directed at me. But all the same answers! 118CND for the wheels, same sensor kit at 59CND each. Stock lugs. I wonder why the PIU rims are so expensive south of the border??
They seem to have always been that way. When I bought them for my 2011 Limited I paid $88 each while in the States I believe they were in the $300 range.
Here are the 18" that I had on my 2017. Finished off with center caps c/w special lug nuts.

Peter

2017 Platinum.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The contact I have at Ford in Southern Ontario is looking into what it would cost to ship the rims to the US. For now he is going to price out shipping to Port Huron, MI. I'll post more info once I have it.

I know that back in 2011, there were a couple members close to the Detriot/Windsor border that simply drove across and brought the rims back. I don't think they were even charged any duty on them.

Peter

I know that back in 2011, there were a couple members close to the Detriot/Windsor border that simply drove across and brought the rims back. I don't think they were even charged any duty on them.

Peter
I’m not currently planning on winter tire/rims but if I do, I think I’ll definitely do just that. I’m 30 minutes from Windsor.

Has anyone sourced the M14x1.5 wheel cover retaining nuts? I have the PIU caps from my 2017 winter setup and would like to use them again on the new wheels.

Has anyone sourced the M14x1.5 wheel cover retaining nuts? I have the PIU caps from my 2017 winter setup and would like to use them again on the new wheels.

I bit the bullet and just ordered the lugs and caps directly through ford. Probably could have sourced them out cheaper, but even if I keep the rims for only 4 winters that means the cost of ownership for the lugs and caps would only be $46 CAD per year. I spend a lot more than that on coffee in a month.

I bit the bullet and just ordered the lugs and caps directly through ford. Probably could have sourced them out cheaper, but even if I keep the rims for only 4 winters that means the cost of ownership for the lugs and caps would only be $46 CAD per year. I spend a lot more than that on coffee in a month.
Can you share the part numbers?
Thanks

Already have them, prices are in Canadian funds.
Lugs = $4.86 each
Center covers $16.67 each

Thanks I will order some lugs tomorrow, as i already have the covers.

Brian

Lug Nuts - ACPZ 1-12 NWSP
Covers - LB52 1130 C
Can you confirm that the covers look like the setup on Peters 2017 Platinum as shown above?
Thanks

Here is the close up of mine when it was on the 2014 MKT. Same wheel which was used on the Platinum. I see that the cap has a slightly different design.

Peter

PA290305_001.JPG

centre cap.JPG

I may be the outlier here but I don't think the PIU rims, especially with the covers, is a good look at all. I'm all for being utilitarian and like the provenance of being genuine Ford PIU parts, but other than that, aftermarket 18" rims look so much better. And at least in the States, you are not saving money on PIU rims--maybe just the opposite with covers and lugs factored in. Cheap steelies that actually aren't cheap is a deal breaker in my opinion. To each his own but I think my winter setup looks just as good as my stock black rims despite being 3" smaller in diameter.

I may be the outlier here but I don't think the PIU rims, especially with the covers, is a good look at all. I'm all for being utilitarian and like the provenance of being genuine Ford PIU parts, but other than that, aftermarket 18" rims look so much better. And at least in the States, you are not saving money on PIU rims--maybe just the opposite with covers and lugs factored in. Cheap steelies that actually aren't cheap is a deal breaker in my opinion. To each his own but I think my winter setup looks just as good as my stock black rims despite being 3" smaller in diameter.

I'm with you! Although I appreciate the utilitarian look of the PIU rims with winter rubber, I would much prefer a nice set of aftermarket wheels... but for 100-115 for the steel option here in Canada, I think it's a no-brainer for me. I don't really get the silver/chrome covers though.... Especially on a "blacked out" ST? I'm police IRL and the covers just look a bit too "police" for me... but I may be biased.

I do agree with you on the looks but in Canada if I went with alloy rims the price would have been double the price. Also the amount of salt they put on the roads in my area destroy aftermarket alloys after a few years. I've had issue with alloys losing tire pressure in the winter after a few years of use as pitting starts to occur around the tire bead. As for the center caps, I prefer to have them on (not trying to be like the police), but once the hubs get that lovely rust hue they look like crap.

Thanks I will order some lugs tomorrow, as i already have the covers.

Brian

Finally made it to my dealer to order 20 lug nuts p/n ACPZ 1012 NWSP only to be told, they are on backorder with Ford, bummer :(
(Adrenlin had posted ACPZ 1-12 NWSP as the part number, my dealer said it was ACPZ 1012 NWSP)

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally made it to my dealer to order 20 lug nuts p/n ACPZ 1012 NWSP only to be told, they are on backorder with Ford, bummer :(
(Adrenlin had posted ACPZ 1-12 NWSP as the part number, my dealer said it was ACPZ 1012 NWSP)

Brian

Most likely hit the - which is directly next to the 0. But thanks for the clarification.

On a side note, the lugs are $2.41 through Autonation for anyone in the states

Back