fiberglass cowl hood group buy 2nd gen. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fiberglass cowl hood group buy 2nd gen.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
so i am going to see if there is any interest in a group buy for a cowl hood group buy for the 95-01 four door exploreres, and the 95-00 2 door sport.

i had someone on a group post a link to a company that he bought his hood from. i had member ahodges call for me because the numbers on his page didnt work from canada (where i live). andy mentioned to me if himself and i ordered our hoods at the same time, he would give us a price break and gave andy his cell number to pass on to me.
i had called and talked to rob about the hoods. they are a 2 1/2 cowl and are finished on both sides. he had told me they are a complete bolt on (you will want to specify what year your truck is because the latch bolt pattern changed depending on what year your truck is), they are also functional (which he can modify the openings larger if needed) and come in a white gel coat, or grey depending on what you would like. he also mentioned that it would take 3 weeks for them to be made.
he has said that if we do a group buy and depending on how many people there are he will drop his price down the more people there is. boxing charge will still be applied, but also he said he can get us a better rate on shipping as well.
speaking of shipping, he will ship world wide at the customers expense.
he is going to look over some numbers and see what he is willing to drop his price by depending on how many people go in on it.
his hoods start at $469 US dollars, but as mentioned will drop with the more people we have.

if you are interested please post here on this forum. this is not a thread saying your locked in, but gauging interest to see if anyone is interested.

here is the link to the company that will make the hoods.

boxing/crate free ($55) will still apply, same with what ever the cost of shipping may be and all prices are US funds
regular hood price is $449/$469

group prices

1-3 people = $50 off per hood
4-7 people = $75 off per hood
8-10+ people = $100 per hood

i also told him if i can give this group buy about a moth or two before asking people to commit. that way we can all recover from christmas and the thread will by then have more traffic. i would also have to guess (will have to ask to make sure) if your local to him if you can pick it up in person avoiding any shipping or boxing charges.

with that said, is there going to be more or less interest. the more people we get, the cheaper they will be. hell, start asking neighours if they want one, even if they dont own a 2nd gen :thumbsup:

http://fiberpartsconcepts.com/13441...5UOUq_l_IYzqaM51Wj5184cdxK0YC5g-zmRa62LM7RHOc

its about haft way down

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting... :popcorn:

here are some pictures of it installed on my Explorer back in 2005. Fit was fantastic. These first few pics are right after i got it back from paint.

thumbnail-6_orig.jpg

thumbnail-7_orig.jpg

thumbnail-8_orig.jpg

thumbnail-9_orig.jpg

thumbnail-10_orig.jpg

And here it is all finished and back together

1882298-orig_orig.jpg

1154889-orig_orig.jpg

whats your time frame on this group buy? Ive been thinking of buying another one of these in the future just to have on the shelf for when i get around to building another Gen 2

thanks for posting those pictures up. it gives anyone thats interested a better idea on how they look and fit.

i would have to say another month or two to let anyone decide if they want one. it will take some time for people to see this thread, and also recover from christmas as well

I'm definitely interested!
I was going to drive over there while on vacation last year to check the place out and talk to them about buying a hood for my Explorer.
Things didn't go as planned so it never happened.
They are only about an hour away from me so I would pick mine up in person instead of delivery.

I'm definitely interested.

4pointslow- My inlaws are in PA so i picked my hood up from the manufacturer. They are a pretty small place and I think their main business was fiberglass tubes for floor cleaners or something like that but they were super nice and i was pleasantly surprised by the quality!!!

I'm definitely interested!
I was going to drive over there while on vacation last year to check the place out and talk to them about buying a hood for my Explorer.
Things didn't go as planned so it never happened.
They are only about an hour away from me so I would pick mine up in person instead of delivery.

you also came to mind when i made this thread, to lighten up the truck some. i know your were very fond of your old hood with the scoop :D
when i was talking to him yesterday i even asked if he went to carlisle. he had said he hasnt been there for a few years but he used to go! DUHO! i could have bought one there years ago then!!

I'm definitely interested.

thats a given lol

Interesting for sure, I'm watching too.

I've wanted to get a friend to build a hood using fiberglass pieces I bought from an F150 Cobra type hood. I have the pieces, but I haven't had contact with that old friend for two years. He could do it, but he has had a few problems and was retired from body work when he did my 99 truck for me. So a cowl hood isn't a bad 2nd choice for me.

rob got back to me yesterday (yes, christmas. i was shocked at that) about pricing for a group buy

boxing/crate free ($55) will still apply, same with what ever the cost of shipping may be and all prices are US funds

group prices

i also told him if i can give this group buy about a moth or two before asking people to commit. that way we can all recover from christmas and the thread will by then have more traffic. i would also have to guess (will have to ask to make sure) if your local to him if you can pick it up in person avoiding any shipping or boxing charges.

with that said, is there going to be more or less interest. the more people we get, the cheaper they will be. hell, start asking neighours if they want one, even if they dont own a 2nd gen :thumbsup:

Want one so bad i can taste it... But just not in the budget this year... Maybe next fall.

rob got back to me yesterday (yes, christmas. i was shocked at that) about pricing for a group buy

group prices

Maybe I missed it, what is the $449 vs $469 price? Does it have to do with the latch style?

So in total it's $504/$524 plus shipping.

Can he lay out general cost of shipping for the lower 48?

That, minus the group buy discount;

"1-3 people = $50 off per hood
"

Maybe I missed it, what is the $449 vs $469 price? Does it have to do with the latch style?

Can he lay out general cost of shipping for the lower 48?

i am guessing the difference is the latch. i will text him and ask
no. the total price will go down with the more people we have.
not sure if he can give a general cost for shipping. that to i can ask.

rob got back to me after i texted some questions as well as a link to this thread (not sure if he will be able to check in or not).
so what he has told me is that if people that are interested in a shipping quote, to pm them his number, text him, tell him you saw the group buy for explorer hoods, and ask for a shipping quote.
so MrQ i will pm you his number

When we pulling the trigger?

:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When we pulling the trigger?

I’m thinking maybe march or April 1st. That way anyone that is interested now and broke from the holidays will have time to recover, as well as hopefully attract more people

Back