Rear bumper reflectors removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear bumper reflectors removal

Cadiburns

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Explorer Sport
anyone know the easiest way to remove the reflectors on the rear bumper? I’m assuming they pry off but didn’t want to pull on the wrong side and break anything. Or is there a way to get at them from behind the bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure why you want to remove them but I believe rear reflectors are required by law.
Hard to tell from illustration but looks like they just snap in. I don't recall this coming up here before.

Peter

They’re pretty easy to remove. There’s two clip like things on the back of the reflectors. A screw driver got them out for me. I took my reflectors apart and turned them into lights that work like the park/brake lights

Why???
Something stupid to do, too much time on your hands? They are there for SAFTEY, have you heard of it???

anyone know the easiest way to remove the reflectors on the rear bumper? I’m assuming they pry off but didn’t want to pull on the wrong side and break anything. Or is there a way to get at them from behind the bumper?

That's what I like about you, JETZ. Always something positive to say. :rolleyes:

SAFTEY, is always a positive ERIC.
...and the OP didn’t even mention‘why’? :dunno:

That's what I like about you, JETZ. Always something positive to say. :rolleyes:

They’re pretty easy to remove. There’s two clip like things on the back of the reflectors. A screw driver got them out for me. I took my reflectors apart and turned them into lights that work like the park/brake lights

Thanks, my son managed to break one reflector glass so I plan to try and replace without hitting the dealership

Thanks, my son managed to break one reflector glass so I plan to try and replace without hitting the dealership
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back