Window Tinting

ParkM

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve 1
Can u tell me something more about window tinting? That’s my next to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[QUOTE="ParkM, post: 3819052, member: 348893"Can u tell me something more about window tinting? That’s my next to do.[/QUOTE]
It's something I'd never heard of before but it's clear and blocks UV rays so things don't get so hot inside and it cuts glare from the Sun or even other vehicle headlights at night. For the windshield it was kind of a no brainer but they wanted to do all the windows on the side and rear, pretty spendy. Since those side widows already have a darker tint. So I asked for just the two front side windows as I've gotten tired of having my left forearm sunburned while driving with the Sun at just the right angle to get inside the car. There's no way I've found to mess with the shades and get that area covered. Since I tend to drive a lot with my left forearm on the top of the door, I just hated it, hot while driving, arm hot, arm sunburned etc. I was skeptical but the Sun was out most of the day today and the stuff works. My arm didn't even get warm and I'm glad the windshield was done with the Sun setting and road grime on the windshield. Works great.

Thanks for the tip Zeeb. Never would have known to ask for it. Since it is clear, it might go down a bit easier in California with our no-forward-tinting rule I hear we have.
/park

Thanks for the tip Zeeb. Never would have known to ask for it. Since it is clear, it might go down a bit easier in California with our no-forward-tinting rule I hear we have.
/park

A lot of people put 90% on the front. Just about every state has it against the law to tint the whole front but 90%is so light you cant even tell.

Congrats Zeeb! I’m loving my non-hybrid version too but your ‘damn gorgeous’ description is just perfect. They are beautiful cars. You have the interior I wanted but negotiations with my better half left that idea on the cutting room floor. Can u tell me something more about your window tinting? That’s my next to do.

Clear Window Tint| LLumar

Thanks Steweod, for the tip on Llumar. Their website looks interesting. How did you hear about them?
tnx, park

They are one of my preferred brands of tint. I usually go with their ceramic tint when I have anything that needs to me tinted. I think 3M makes some as well.

They are one of my preferred brands of tint. I usually go with their ceramic tint when I have anything that needs to me tinted. I think 3M makes some as well.
They have a bunch of local dealers so I'm off to get some pricing. Thanks again.
/park

I have their clear on my front side windows. Love it. Passenger windows back are limo tint. I also keep the shades up. My baby girl does not like TX heat.

I had the front windows tinted along with a brow done this morning. 28 on the side, limo brow.

20210728_094546.jpg

20210728_094553.jpg

30% on the front windows, 15% visor:

Explorer_080821ca.jpg

Back