Spacer Lift Done, 265/75/16’s On | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spacer Lift Done, 265/75/16’s On
D

Spacer Lift Done, 265/75/16’s On

Father’s Day weekend was spent in the driveway swapping struts, adding 2” of spacer lift, and replacing a screaming rear wheel bearing.
Reactions: DHart
@domct203

Could You Show Pics of Parts you used (Spacert to Lift Explorer ) ; Looks Really Good I have a Sports Trac (2003) and this is the look I'm going for

Also do you have 1.5" or 2" Wheel Spacers on it (on Rotor for wheels to stick out) ?

@domct203

Thank You for Reply

Did you do the 3" Body Lift Yourself ? If so How difficult was it?

And for 2" Strut Spacers ; Can you do that with OEM Struts ?

On the -6 Offset Wheel, I have heard several people say they don't like the Wheels Spacers.
I'm only really looking to do for the Looks of the Truck for now ( Not planning on offroading or 4x4ing )
Would You still advise against them ?

Thanks Again

DSteele41

Yes, I did the Body Lift in my driveway, it was a pain in the butt to get the original body mounts loose, definitely a two man job. One of the mounts broke during the install, and I had to bring it to work and machine out the broken bolt. I had to modify a Body Lift for a Ranger to use it on my Explorer. I'm not even sure if there is a body lift for the Sports-Trac.

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

You can use the spacers with the OEM Struts. My struts were the originals, so I installed Moog replacements as I don't want to ever go in there again LOL. It didn't make sense to re-install 16 year old struts. I am so glad I did, the ride is so much better. I also replaced the sway bar links front and back (had to cut them off) as they need to come out to do the struts. Either way, the struts must be completely removed to install the spacers.

Sorry, but I will never recommend wheel spacers.

The factory wheels were a 44mm offset, I went to a -6mm offset. This moved the wheel & tire outward 50mm, or just about 2". I also went with a tire that was over an inch wider, on a rim that was an inch wider, so the tire is closer to 2-1/2 to 3" outward.

@domct203

Great Information, Sounds Like a Daunting (But Not Impossible) Project.... I got a Great Deal on Tires and Wheels for $700.00 , They are not offset they Tuck into the Fender, I am going to Try the Wheel Spacers (Just mostly for the Look) (Will Not be OffRoading etc) Bought Truck for Camping. If I need to take them Off I will.

Moog I hear is the Best, Sounds like a Good Tattoo You get what you pay for with Moog parts being a bit more Expensive. I will look at replacing Struts as well as mine is a 2003 and had the Original Spark Plugs in it WOW

Thanks Again for Reply and Great Information

@domct203

Current Pic
index.php

index.php

OK I got the 2" Wheel Spacers for All 4 Wheels.. the 2 in the rear are of course fine , but the 2 in the front Rub the Fender (Plastic) (More Turning Right than Left) is there a solution to this (Of course taking them off the Front ... but other than that is there a solution or maybe going down to 1.5 or 1 " Spacers on Front
Oh and I have 265/75/16 Tires and I Believe a bit of a Torsion Twist.... thats another issue.... I tried doing Torsion Twist for about another inch but the Torsion Bolts Will Not Budge

Any Information or answers are Greatly Appreciated

@domct203

What Lift would you Recommend ?

I've looked at Body Lift Kit, Shackles in back , Adding a Leaf Spring and Shackles etc.. the last two dont seem to solve the lift issue for Front of Vehicle

Thanks again

DSteele41

Media information

Album
domct203
Added by
domct203
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings