BrooklynBay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrooklynBay
Reaction score

• Hello
    I have 2003 Explorer with the P0775 code. Only has 68,000 miles. Has a shift flare from 1st to 2nd gear only. OD Off light flashing and CEL illuminated.

Vehicle sits a lot....thus the low mileage. Thinking my issue is solenoid pack, possibly solenoid B sticking? I cannot find instructions on how to test the solenoid pack. Can you help?

Thank you in advance!!
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    I would suspect servo bore wear before you replace the solenoid block. Try the aftermarket servos with O rings.
    I just replaced my trans VB and fixed my 2-3 flare but have now noticed a 1-2 jerk. I plan on adjusting my intermediate band. Im confused about people adjusting bands to fix 2-3 flare. Maybe in 5R but not 4R. Read following pdf and lmk what you think. http://atraonline.com/gears/2003/2003-05/2003_5_50.pdf
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Did you already adjust the bands or do you plan on adjusting them? Please start a thread in the transmission section.
    I brought my problem to the 1 person on the list. I have the 5r55s tranny tried to put two qts in thinking it was low.cant remember if it was running.what problem did I cause myself. I. Have about 4qts in the waste pan after truck running with adapter on. Got scared turned off engine.
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Check the fluid level with the engine running while it's warm. Make sure that you use the correct fluid.
    Hi Brooklyn. New here and it seems like you are the man that knows all the stuff. I want to know stuff too but every link I click on is broken.

I noticed all your links use "showpost" and some kind of post ID number, where all the links that work are using "thread" and title. Anyway to fix all that?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Could you show me an example? Which thread are the links in?
    Hello could I get a quick guide on adding a profile pic please?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Click onto your name. It will take you to your profile. There are several options. One of the options is to upload a photo, but I think that this feature is only available for elite members, administrators, moderators, and vendors.
    S
    Sheepdog100
    I did a little bit more digging and found out that you do need at least the basic payed membership but thats no worries I will definitely be joining the elites soon.
    Hey so I was reading into some of your older forum posts about solenoid failure due to led lights and what not. I'm having some issues maybe you can help. Just got a 91 explorer shifts fine through 1-3rd no 4th or OD. This car came with a trailer light system installed which I ripped out although the problem existed before. Any help would be awesome thanks.
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    The LED issue is related to the TCC or O/D solenoids not cycling when the brake pedal is engaged because of their low current draw. It wouldn't affect the solenoids during regular driving. Overdrive might not work for several reasons (out of specification coolant temperature sensor, TPS, MAF, solenoid, wiring, band broken, leaking servo piston, etc).
    Yeay BrooklynBay!
    You were absolutely correct, although at the time your suggestion to check my tires to see if they were the cause for the whinning and thumping in my 05 ford explorer with the 4.6 V8 4x4 advance trac. Which prevented it from driving over 20 mph.
    One of my tires was a different size, and since the advance trac is all wheels all the time, there was a fight between them going on
    Some help..Please. I can't seem to find your information (or any corroborating) about the easiest way to change spark plugs in 3.0 Aerostars. I have a '91 extended, and 2 '97's (1 extended XL and 1 shorty cargo). Not sure if the '91 is procedure is any different from the '97's. Your help would be appreciated, and save me a lot of searching. Have sort of followed over a few years, and respect your replies.
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Use a 5/8" spark plug socket with a built in extension. The wobble design is good for getting into hard to reach areas, but in some locations you will have to use a regular spark plug socket. The driver's side is replaced under the hood while the passenger's side is replaced through the wheel well. The same procedure is good for all of the years.
    2000 Mazda B3000 Truck....No Crank...have power until trying to start then everything dead....wait 10-15 minutes now there is power....turn key to start and everything dead ???? Any help ! BILLY7 at 520-335-5740. Is this a ford pats symptom ?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Check the battery terminals for corrosion. Sometimes the terminals get loose when they are worn down.
    I have 5r55e that lost all gears forward and reverse sat overnight went into limp mode pulled pan no bunt smell some fine metallic dust on the magnet no other debris changed solenoids, filter and fluid. Now it's got 1st-2nd slip or flare then it'll go in 3rd but itermedite or o/d won't even try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    What were the code numbers?
    G
    Gypsy Biker
    Don'tknow didn't have them pulled yet right after sitting for six months it won't movev again nothing no forward or reverse.
    I need some advice. I just finished with my sport transformation. I took a 2000 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD running gear and wiring and put in my 99 sport. The donor engine ran like a sewing machine before the swap. Now it won’t hardly idle and I’m stumped. Everything went smooth and the upper intake was as far as I went into engine. I put new plugs wires at .054 and I’m scratching my head. Any advice?
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    Was everything transferred (wiring harness, computer, etc)? Did you check all of the vacuum lines? Is there a check engine light with a code?
    M
    Michaelg33
    Everything... inside wiring, under hood. Computer, everything. I had real trouble hooking up the pcv valve vacuum hose. It was laying on top of some of the fuel lines on ds if intake. I’m hoping in all the pulling and yanking to hook it up I maybe twisted off a fuel and vacuum lines flow. I guess I will pull the upper intake again and see. So disgusted and upset ready to sell it.
    M
    Michaelg33
    P0760 only code
    Help! I found a thread the other day that had all kinds of information on the OHV motor from 90 2000 in the differences of each one in what heads will work with what motor in the compression ratios and now I can't find it do you know what you thread I'm talking about by chance
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    You could search using the poster's name if you remember what it is. That will help narrow the search.
    Betcha thought I forgot about you, huh? How ya doing? (And yes, I still have my Aerostar, it still drives, and everything works!)
    BrooklynBay
    BrooklynBay
    What did you do to it so far? How many miles does it have?
    Need some help. I think that the thermostat housing unit on my 04 explorer is leaking. Have fluid on top of the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I think the problem with the shift solenoids: because, due to his own stupidity, did not mark them before removing. The solenoids all different and have (at the coil and the nozzle) there are rooms: 3.1/1.1; 1.3/1.2; 2.7/1.2; 3.4/1.4 respectively. Please help me how to install them correctly. Thank you in advance!
    Good day! I apologize for the inconvenience, but asking for your help: after installation on an automatic transmission 5R55Е new clutch, steel wheels, seals, gaskets, servopistons, brake bands, and install in a valve body Superior Shift Kit with new gaskets, lost all gears, no drive, reverse, 1 and 2.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
I was always interested in working with my hands, and fixing things. My friends pushed me into doing it for a living since they always needed things to be fixed, and recommended me to other people.

My interests are with computers, electronics (schematic designs), cars, and working with all kind of tools.
Birthday
April 25, 1970 (Age: 53)
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Zip Code
Vehicle Specs
NO
Engine
3.0L
Year