DeRocha | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

D
Reaction score

• Hi DeRocha, I read your write up repairing sagging doors and I have this problem on my 2002 sport trac. Can you confirm for me the correct Dorman or other hinge pin and bushing repair kits will work on this application.
    Thanks in advance,
    Howard
    Hey DeRocha,

Have you seen my (lengthy) post about my rust brake lines and fuel lines? I've done some searching, you seem to be the only one who's taken the time to replace all of them yourself.

Is this a one-weekend job (for all the brake and fuel lines)? I've done brake lines before, and I've dropped a gas tank once. I haven't dealt with the Explorer fuel line fittings, which I hear are a big problem.

I am also concerned about the fact that there are three fuel lines in that frame rail. Do they all need to be replaced if one is rusty (would seem like a good idea)? Do they all carry pressurized fuel? Is there a good diagram anywhere showing where they go?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Computers, Photography, Working on Cars, Mountain biking, Motorcycles
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Zip Code
Vehicle Specs
YES
Engine
4.0L V6
Year
Transmission
A4LD
Transfer Case
Front Axle
Dana35 w/Yukon 4.10s
Rear Axle
Ford 8.8 w/Yukon 4.10s
Lighting
Hella 500s
Tires
BFG AT KOs 33x12.5x15
Occupation
C/S Programmer
Wheels
American Racing 15x10 type 23
Communications
Cobra

Contact

Yahoo! Messenger
DeRochaJ

Signature

John D-"Search first, Ask questions later" & "You can have my Explorer when you pry the keys from my cold dead hands." >>>*My Truck*
4x4 Trouble Shooting Guide
See how cars work Axle and tire calculators U-joint replacement info/pics
:thumbsup: Repair info NEX-New England Explorers NEX: Club Events
Back