X24 Bit The Dust | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X24 Bit The Dust

They won't help me. Ford customer service says they can't help because the dealers are privately owned. When I ask who can help me they tell me the PR person for the dealer. All these people are just as crooked as the service manager. They all talk and since they are in the system they can get to each other before I can get to them. It's like having a police department full of dirty cops. You get nowhere because they all back each other up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't understand your situation.

I have had several dealer problems in the past and involved Ford Regional people and they were promptly resolved.

A friend just had a new motor installed in his F250 truck after involving the Regional rep.

Good luck.

How did you get in touch with the regional rep? Nobody will give me any of that information.

Ford Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Phone: 800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET. (Monday-Friday)
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. ET. (Saturday)

Thank you. Much appreciated.

dude, im surprised youve kept your cool this long.

dealer: we didnt like your attitude, so we're not going to give you the detail
me: i, i, ill set the building on fire

I had a problem w/ a landlord, would do things to the place that was his responsibility, Sent a letter to the local newspaper, and tv news station. He is no longer a landlord :cool:

The saga continues...

My explorer is back at the dealer. Dropped it off tonight around 5pm. I was there with my father this time to see if John would treat me any different. Here's how tonight went down...

I told John the oil pressure needs to be checked, the steering pulls to the right and wanders, and the driver door latch that was replaced can't be opened with a key. My father then handed John the business card that showed "One Free Full Detail" signed by John. He said it was a written agreement and the detail needs to be done. John said, "This was agreed before your son threw a fit in Tony's office. I will show this to Tony, but being that he is the owner, his final decision is what goes." I then told John, "It may just be a business card, but that is a written, signed contract valid for one free full detail. Not doing the detail is breech of contract." John's response to that was, "Sue me!"

COMMON!!!!! WTF is wrong with these people? HUH?

How can you be that rude and have a job as a service manager that has to deal with customers. Even though I didn't, lets just say that I did throw a fit in Tony's office. That still doesnt give them the right to breech the contract and treat me, the customer, the way they do. I know I'm not the only angry customer he's ever seen and I sure as **** know I havnt been the worst, but for him to give attitude and smart remarks to a customer is flat out wrong. It doesnt matter if I'm 100% wrong, he has no right to treat me the way he does. If the detail isnt done, I will be writing news papers, news stations, and anyone in Ford I can find that actually cares.

Before I dropped my car off today I snapped 70 pictures of it. Inside, outside... every square inch.

Looks like you need to do wat BBQ_hot_dogs did. Remove a few teeth from that guys mouth even though you might have to spend a night in the slammer.

I'm going to after they do the work. If I called today they would find out that I called and get more mad at me.

Any update?

I got my Explorer back Thursday night. They fixed the door latch because they didnt install it right the first time and they adjusted the toe because they didnt do the alignment right the first time. It's amazing they make any money.

About the oil pressure... They checked the oil pressure at 2000rpm and found 55psi. That's where it should be. At the same time, my gauge was showing 35psi. They blame my gauge not working right on a broken sending unit that THEY BROKE when installing the motor. The tab that the wire attaches to broke off when the mechanic was installing the motor. John told me they searched and searched for another one but couldnt find one. Hello!... I guess they never thought of calling the owner. Maybe the owner might know where he bought it from. Anyway, they told me to get another sender and they would pay me back.

And.... they did the detail. It actually looks kinda good. One of the nosie punks flipped my 2wd switch and I didnt realize it until I pulled out of the parking lot and spun my tires like crazy. They were completely covered with tire shine stuff all over the tread too. I was just driving normal and the tires broke loose. It kinda scared me until I got home and realized it was because of the tire shine.

The alignment still doesnt feel right and I want it aligned to my cobra's anyway. I'm going to make an appointment this week at the shop that did my alignment last time. I had that done almost 2 years ago and didnt have any unusual wear on my pirelli's at all. It's that kind of good job that people notice and come back to.

Good to hear things are finally shaping up!

X24 - please do not take this the wrong way and understand that my comments are a sincere effort to help in a small way. It sounds to me as if you are trying to "Win" this game. You have had a terrible experience with this dealership and your frustration is understandable. However, please ask yourself "What is the goal?" Also ask "How can I achieve the goal?"

If your goal is to win or make the dealer play by your notion of "good business," then you really need to take legal action. Even something little like the full detail being a legal contract is only as good as the law will enforce. Businesses do not have to practice good business - that's where the age old adage of "buyer beware" come from. Ultimately, all any of us consumers can do is go to another place that values our business. In the long run, the bad ones may go out of business, but lots of people can get burnt along the way.

If, on the other hand, your goal is to get your truck back with everything in proper working order, some compromise might be in order. I really do understand how this might not sit well, but my experiences over the years have made me a firm believer in the saying that you catch more files with honey than vinegar.

I'm sure you have been very professional in your behavior, but have you been honey nice? Look, in all reality to this dealer you are no longer a customer. Do you think they really ever expect you to come buy from them? What is in it for them to treat you nice? Therefore, you have to - here it come - kiss their butts and get your truck back. If it were me, I might even go to Tony Jr. or whatever his name is and say "I just can't deal with this anymore. Can you help me out here and give me some advice?" Maybe put it in terms of what a POS the truck is (I know this one hurts too) and does he think you should just trade it in. What kind of deal could he make. Guess what, now you're back to being a customer!

Anyway, when the deck is stacked, some times you've got to go around rather than through. And always remember the goal - get your truck back and in proper working order. Hope this helps in some way and you know I feel for you.

holptj said:
If it were me, I might even go to Tony Jr. or whatever his name is and say "I just can't deal with this anymore. Can you help me out here and give me some advice?" Maybe put it in terms of what a POS the truck is (I know this one hurts too) and does he think you should just trade it in. What kind of deal could he make. Guess what, now you're back to being a customer!

Very smart idea. Not to actually trade the truck in, but might gain some good will on their part. Its another chip in your hand.

I agree with the "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" to some extent, but some times you just need a big honkin' flyswatter to get the job done right :D

I've had to trash talk about my Explorers to the people working on them just to get a little pity out of technician/whoever. Sometimes it really does get the job done faster and better, but then again sometimes I get walked over and something important gets goofed up. Example: Just had the tensioner recall done a third time and the young guy who did it forgot to put the vaccuum tube back under the intake where it belongs...I found it floating around by my pass side header. When I confronted him about it (making it sound like it accidentally fell out instead of pointing out his mistake so he wouldn't feel bad) he said he'd fix it off the clock whenever he got the chance. That was 6 weeks ago :p I don't wanna do it, but I have to go over his head and tell my boss about it just so it'll get fixed. Being nice gets you nowhere sometimes.

Chris, I'm glad Buckshot is getting back to normal so quickly :) We still on for our long overdue race in October??

Before I commit to any racing I need to thouroghly test this new motor. It's still too soon to do any testing so you will have to wait.

X24 said:
Before I commit to any racing I need to thouroghly test this new motor. It's still too soon to do any testing so you will have to wait.
hey x24 i have a friends who is the manager at the plant that makes the explorer engines and stuff his name is chris im having him do some work for youw to see WTF he fixed my problems and my car wasnt even under warentee or new when i took it in. hope i can help give me the exact name of the dealer where you live and a contact number...he is willing to help he has a full team of ford reps at his disposal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the offer. Things are hopefully over now. The engine seems to be running good and I will be changing the oil for the first time in about a week. By that time I will have put on about 1000 miles since I got it back.

This engine has a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. If there are any problems with it you can bet your bottom dollar it will not be going to Miracle Ford for repairs.

Back