• Register Today It's free!

good speakers

redfart

Reaction score
City, State
la/la
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 exploder
what are some good speakers that will fit into the doors of the xploader w/o much modification. i was looking at these but im not sure how a 5x7 component set would sound...
http://www.thezeb.com/c-5-inchx7-inch-Component-Systems-249.htm

i need something pretty loud becouse im going to be running a ported 15 in the back.
sub options im going with are
re sx15
dayton titanic

not sure on which sub but either way its going to be pretty loud as the box i have is 4.5cf tuned to 33hz. off a 700 watt amp. so i want something up front that will keep up. im also looking for a amp so any recomendations would be welcomed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have seen those Kicker comps posted here before as a good set.

As far as coax speakers go, the Infinity Kappas are supposed to be real good:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFKAPPA5725CF

Your best bet though is to go to a local store and take a test listen to a lot of speakers.

Definitely take a listen. Some good makes would be: Diamond Audio, JL Audio, Polk, MB Quart, Infinity, Boston Acuostics, Focal.

I'd like to throw in Adire Kodas as well.
I'm a previous MB Quart/ Focal Poly Kev owner and the Kodas are great.

i want the loudest cleanest setup possible. The kodas are out of price range. i want to stay under about 150. i was looking at some polks a while back i forget which ones but they were suposd to be realy efficient. this would save me from having to run another amp... but it may be worth it i dunno.

I got ma audio hard kore 6x8's in my doors and in back, loud and clear off 100x4 amp...

Back