How do I lift a 98 Sport 2wd ?

haktmal

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV
Hi,
I want to lift about 2-3" for my 98 Sport 2wd. What do I need to buy. I read the archive messages and kinda have an idea about buy a 4-dr leaf. But I'm still a little vagued. Can you guys explain further for me?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haktmal said:
Hi,
I want to lift about 2-3" for my 98 Sport 2wd. What do I need to buy. I read the archive messages and kinda have an idea about buy a 4-dr leaf. But I'm still a little vagued. Can you guys explain further for me?

Thanks

With a jack..
xxrotflmao.gif

Okay enough of the silliness.. You have a number of choices.. You can get 3" lift spindles from Fabtech or you can crank up on the torsion bars in the front and either do shackles or do a SOA (Spring Over Axle). You can also swap the monoleafs with 4 door leafs but that will only gain you an inch at the most.. You can also add Add-a-leafs with the 4 door leaf springs.

Fabtech doesnt make the spindles, Explorer Pro Comp does.

The Explorer Procomp cost about $630 at this place JCWhitney . Wow! Is there a cheaper method?

You can call 4wheel parts and order just the spindles themselves. Will run you around $400. i got lucky and got em at an expo for 315 :D . the shackles will be about 50. you have to call, havent seen em listed on line. im runnin that same setup if you got any questions on it, let me know. I also will be puttin my 31s up for sale soon to if your interested. they got like 40ish % left. BFG MT's.

Ben you retard, those arent for a 98 :p

Back