• Register Today It's free!

K&N airfilter worth it?

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I am considering replacing my stock paper filter with a drop in K&N. I don't want to do any furthur mods than that. Is it worth it and do you think I'll get better gas milage?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not really better gas milege but i was not disapointed

I noticed no difference at all in gas mileage on my 94 navajo BUT I did notice that it does seem to get going a little easier (better pickup) that could also be from all the other tune crap that I had to do to this.

You'll never have to buy another air filter again, so you probably come out ahead. The mileage and power differences are fairly neglible though, u may bet an extra mile or two to the gallon if you're lucky.

Yeah, MPG gains are modest at the very most, but still well worth it.

I got about 1/2 better mpg on both my 4.0 and 5.0 when I put in a K&N filter. Both have shown better throttle response, and have a throatier sound when downshifting. Not a bad investment for $50 IMO.

same here. Mine is worth 1mpg on my 5.0. You make the price up when you don't have to replace it.

you get a nice sound out of it 2 my friends say it sounds like it is gargling water. but its sick u turn heads if u push on it drivin by chicks ;) i have a v6 4.0 my dad has one on his v8 durango it doesnt sound like mine but sounds like real horse power

If you're going for power try to eliminate the air box, that helped a lot on my 91.

If you want it for fuel mileage than try a drop in. the only reason I get drop in's is if i only plan on using it for getting me back and forth to work and i don't want to buy fiters the rest of my life.

Back