• Register Today It's free!

Where is the horn?

NorelNBFD

Reaction score
City, State
East Meadow, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
My horn isn't working, was going to see if I can get it fixed, but to fix it i need to find it... soooo where is it, i read that it is behind the driverside headlight, but i can't find it, any help would be great, so would pictures if available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its under the battery tray.

Yup. Under the battery; probably easier access from the fenderwell by removing the plastic splash guard. But the horn is a less common failure item: I'd check fuse and horn relay first. Then button and wiring.

Do you guys know which fuse it is, i think its relay 7 under the hood, but im not sure.. I don't hear any clicking from the horn when i push it, so now im not sure what is wrong.. HELP!!

My horn seems to have shorted out after I replaced the bulb in my L/H cruise cont. switch (and the CC still doesn't engage). Not sure if there's a correlation. I had to remove the horn relay to shut it off. The relay is in the under-the-hood box. On my '97 5.0L it's the first R/H relay facing forward. But check out your owner's manual...it should have a diagram.

In the meantime, anyone know how I can check the horn(s) for shorting? Which wires do I stick the circuit tester into?

Check them with an Ohmmeter. The wire terminal to the case. If it's a total short ( very low ohms) then it's toast. I've not seen a shorted one. I have seen an open one on my Volvo. Open = Infinite ohms.

Back