sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Has anyone ever had their belt tensioner just fall off? I can't tell exactly what part broke.. but the entire pulley is gone. Luckily it happened real close to home so I only had to limp it home with no power steering. But I'm wondering if anyone knows about the part(s) I need. Meaning.. is the tensioner part or seperate than the ACC bracket?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whattttt! Section 525 owns a V6 explorer? Time to upgrade to a v8 and you won't have these problems.

i think its his womans

Yes, crappy V6's. Anyone? Going to Ford today..

Fixed it. 50 some-odd dollars later, and 15 minutes. :cool:

I know the problem is already fixed just thought i would add this. I had the idler pully squilling on my 94 6 cyl pushrod engine and went to get a new one, out of stock, and an old mechanic standing beside me said to go to NAPA and replace the bearing in it and reinstall it. losg story short 5 minutes and $3.50 later explorer had no more squilling.

thanks for your 2 cents kiknurazz2!

I did a search for pulley probs here and landed in this thread. Thank goodness cos today my pulley fell off. I'd been hearing it squeal some since the summer but was told it was the alternator! ...everyone's a mechanic in a parking lot! :eek: Tomorrow I'll go to NAPA and getter done! THANKS for saving me a bunch 'o money I dont have.

regards,
nancy

no bearings to be found

I called everyone in the area. One local arts store said they could probably match it but for $17! A new pulley from carquest is $15.40...

thanks for the help

It was just a small timkin bearing seems like the number was 3106 or something really close to that

i found it

I found the bearing by going into NAPA. NAPA on-line didn't show it. It was $10. How many years ago did oyu pay $3.50 for it?? I tapped it in today and installed the pulley; backwards LOL. I didn't get to see it installed and it does fit both ways. The pulley was too close to the fan for my comfort so I grabbed a neighbor who laughed for a few minutes before telling me to take it off and turn it over. :D
Anyway, had some trouble understanding how to use the tensioner tool I rented from Autozone. I ended up pulling down on the tensioner bolt using a ratchet from beneath the truck. My daughter pulled the belt onto the tensioner easily. Well, that was before I turned the pulley around. Now that its in place properly I cant get the darned belt on by pulling the tensioner bolt.
I will try again in the daylight.
g'nite

1st gen idler pulley bearing

I bought a pulley so NAPA could match the bearing diameter.

the bearing is P/N 6203-2RSJ

I will return the pulley tomorrow. I did not like the design of the replacement.

replaced the bearing last Feb. I agree with the design of the new one from autozone, plastic and I'm not sure it was even the same design.

Back