Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Display Funkiness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Display Funkiness

AgentStarks

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I just got a new Pioneer DEH-P7600MP head unit and have a few funky things going on. First, the display on it looks good.... except that every 30 seconds or so the display will revserse colors on me. Basically what is black goes to bright blue, what is bright blue turns to black. What is grey also goes to black and what is black turns to grey. This will happen no matter if I'm on the tuner, cd, or aux input. It will even happen if I turn the stereo off and only the clock is showing. I know this isn't supposed to happen. I used the standard ford factory wiring harness and I haven't done an amp bypass yet. Another strange thing is that the volume seems to vary a little bit, it sometimes will go softer for a few minutes then come back to full audio. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well...for the color changing, all you have to do, if memory serves me correct, is press button 5...that should turn it off. If 5 does not do it, it is either 6 or 4...it is 3:46 a.m. and about 26 degrees outside right now or I would run out to the X and get my manual about it. I forget the exact phrase it is called, but that should fix that for ya.

As for the sound variation, I am not 100% sure...sorry I couldn't be of more assistance...

I have the Premier model of that receiver the 760 and it does the samething. Drives me nuts! I asked the shop and all they said was yeah you can change it, its in the manual! jerks. i'll try pressing 5 or what-ever.
do i do that when the source is off or durring tuner, cd, etc.?

yes button 5 is to turn off the reverse display, and 6 is to turn off demo mode. To turn these off the unit has to be powered off. And it will beep when it works, just hold 5 for a second or two

Scott

with the audio dimming in and out does this happen when there is more noise around? i have the pioneer premier 860mp and my cd player has an option to make it go louder as more sound around interfers with the music. actually it was my old pioneer that did that and it was the 9600 model i think. but there is an option in the higher end models that will make the sounds vary slightly. you can always dl a manual from the pioneer websit (www.pioneerelectronics.com) hope this helps

Thanks for the display fix. I held the 4 and 5 buttons for a few seconds but never heard a beep. It seems to have fixed it though so I'm happy on that. As for the volume, it happens randomly, maybe like 10 times on a 30 min car ride home. I'm thinking it has have something to do with the factory amp? I'm going to buy the bypass kit and get that in this next weekend when I have some time to rip apart the back of my truck.

ok the sound when it raises and lowers automatically is the asl =automatic sound leveler it adjusts the sound to the amount of road noise or wind from an open window to keep the music as loud as it was with little noise, if you have it on say vol 20 and then your get on the highway (more road noise) it will adjust to sound the same volume as it did on streets so you can still here your music.
You can turn this function off it tells you about it in the manual :p

Thanks, I'll have to look up the asl feature thing when I go home. It's a pretty sweet deck, there's just some weird features turned on by default.

evoq007 said:
yes button 5 is to turn off the reverse display, and 6 is to turn off demo mode. To turn these off the unit has to be powered off. And it will beep when it works, just hold 5 for a second or two

Scott

Sweet! I don't have the same model of Pioneer HU, but did have the same annoying feature. No longer! Thanks for the help.

AgentStarks said:
I just got a new Pioneer DEH-P7600MP head unit and have a few funky things going on. First, the display on it looks good.... except that every 30 seconds or so the display will revserse colors on me. Basically what is black goes to bright blue, what is bright blue turns to black. What is grey also goes to black and what is black turns to grey. This will happen no matter if I'm on the tuner, cd, or aux input. It will even happen if I turn the stereo off and only the clock is showing. I know this isn't supposed to happen. I used the standard ford factory wiring harness and I haven't done an amp bypass yet. Another strange thing is that the volume seems to vary a little bit, it sometimes will go softer for a few minutes then come back to full audio. Any ideas?

dude are you serious? the deck is supposed to do that. mine does it. and it's in a completely different car, fully wired in, manually.

pioneer's reverse the color automatically just for extra colors

Actually it can be turned off by pressing 5 when the unit is off. It doesn't have to be on. It's just a feature of the system. I hate the reversing function.

I have that same model, and it drove me nuts until I found out about the 5 button thing. :fire:

It was sooo bad at night. :eek:

Back