PARAGON ! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PARAGON !

well ?

what about you j91 any stories from the trail ? anyone else ?...im going thru withdrawl ...help me !

i just got my website up ...let me know what you think

http://hummertank.rockcrawler.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i will have some pics up later.

The first day we took it easy and did the logging trail just to get the fell again.

Then Saterday we did sleepy hollow witch is a fairly new trail wich was realy cool we had one Ranger flip his truck.

Then Sunday we did the lower part of wampum and the middle part of wampum wich was pretty cool.

On saterday we stopped to watch the big dogs take on Pebbles and Bambam wich was a amazing trail it is not easy to explain huge this trail was. but it was a very good weekend. the good news is i didnt break nothing just a few minor bumps and scratchs

Paragon

Just finished replacing the starter on the J**p. I hope that Expolorer starters are better, without the extra couple holes to let in the muck. After changing the starter with all the mud underneath, I am beginning to see why the hard core rock crawlers tend to avoid the mud...

I kind of forget what I ran, but it was a bunch of the 2 and 3 rated trails. We passed Pebbles and BamBam and that isn't a trail... it is a dry wash with a bunch of rocks half the size of a refrigerator.... couldn't see any reason to do it myself (rats on my 31" tires!!).

The coolest thing we did was on Sat. when we stopped for lunch at "The Spring". This is a short valley in the side of one of the hills that has a spring flowing a couple hundred GPM out of the rocks. At first, some of us drove down the bank, across the river, and up the other side. I decided to do it again, and saw one of the better equipped J**ps going UPSTREAM! He did OK, but I had to do it myself. I loaded up my son, and a 12 yr old from Baltimore, and headed up after him. I got just as far, but on the way back down, I got kind in a bit of an interesting situation with my front bumper against a moderate sized rock, and my back end going up a steep hill. I eventually was able to back enough to turn the wheels and get past it, although it looked for a while that there may have been some need for some recovery equipment. Maybe if I have a locker next time, I will try Impossible Hill.

I know this is an Explorer forum, and I own one (91) and have another work Explorer (00), but I can not help but be impressed with how well a '98 J**p TJ works with minor mods. Time to swap the wheels and tires over to the '91 and try to set up two vehicles!

a bit of trivia

there is a good bit of controversy about this subject but this is the general opinion.

the entire area is riddled with mines... once closed over time those mines filled with water.... it is thought that what is referred to as the "spring" is actually an old air vent from the mines....all the pressure from all the water pressing down thru the mine shafts is released thru that airshaft ....

Back