WINDROCK (TN) in feb. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WINDROCK (TN) in feb.

My rig is still broke, i am also debating on swapping a m5od in or a 302with a Nv435/dana20. I will drive up there in my ranger and probably ride with chad(nissanboy) or david.My friend is coming with his TJ on 33's.

My tranny has the same no first gear engine breaking problems, 120,000 miles and alot of abuse will do it. It is a pretty solid tranny though.Manual is in my mind in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i want manual also... but ill have to settle for right now... my body lift is on and looking good though, time for some bigger tires!

so lets see whos coming and what time we're going to be there...

ill be there about 9am saturday morning (19th)

Mike and I rode trail 16 today, I will NOT be going on it anytime soon. It is very slick and rutted. Many tight places with rocks and roots sticking out. A very good ATV trail, but not for our explorers. We have come up with a pretty good ride that will have many challenges, but not to rough.

My Explorer has 4.10's, posi front and rear 33x12.5x15 BFG M/T's, no winch.

you think ill have many problems with just a 2"tt shackles aal and 3" body lift on 31's? ive never been there i really dont know what to expect...

You should be fine, the rough areas will be tough but doable.

You think ill have trouble with 35's locked front and rear with enough lift to clear my tires? I never been offroad b4 and tend to be a poser most the time so i dont know what to expect.

I'm on 32 AT's with two inch body lift. I should make it fine. A couple of places will test entry and exit and a hump that will test wheel base. I think everyone will like trails. Like David said, trail 16 is out for me. It would take a whole lot more than I have. Maybe in the dry of summer, 32 MT's, lock up at least the rear, and a winch I'd give it a go. Funny thing, there were many atv's and motor cycles on 16, but not one single truck.

I'm good for the 9am time. See y'all.

isnt there a gas station right outside of windrock where you can get passes?

hi all, i am new here but just wanted to try and get together with some other explorer offroad folks, i wish i could go with you all the 19th but i have other plans that weekend, i would like to leave my email address and hope that some of you will contact me for future runs, i live in west tn, (near jackson, tn) look forward to hooking up with some fellow EXPLORER riders, i am really tired of being the only explorer on the trails were we ride most of the time at LBL ohv area, maybe we could get a ride up for LBL...(LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES) OHV AREA... called ...TURKEY BAY. SEE YALL!........................OH, I HAVE A 91 4DR XLT, 3 INCH BODY LIFT....6 INCH SKYJACKER SUSPENSION LIFT, SPOA ON THE REAR, ON 35X12.50 BUCKSHOTS.

OOPS.....MY EMAIL IS....homebrewkicker@yahoo.com.........thanks David Thompson

ExplorerJimbo said:
so was that last post making fun of me?

nope, just some sarcasm to bump the thread. :thumbsup:

johndavid said:
hi all, i am new here but just wanted to try and get together with some other explorer offroad folks, i wish i could go with you all the 19th but i have other plans that weekend, i would like to leave my email address and hope that some of you will contact me for future runs, i live in west tn, (near jackson, tn) look forward to hooking up with some fellow EXPLORER riders, i am really tired of being the only explorer on the trails were we ride most of the time at LBL ohv area, maybe we could get a ride up for LBL...(LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES) OHV AREA... called ...TURKEY BAY. SEE YALL!........................OH, I HAVE A 91 4DR XLT, 3 INCH BODY LIFT....6 INCH SKYJACKER SUSPENSION LIFT, SPOA ON THE REAR, ON 35X12.50 BUCKSHOTS.
Is yours brown?, I live in Jackson and thought I was the only one around here in to explorers. I did see one a few months back, maybe yours on south side.

The passes are for sale at the parking area also. I bought my yearly one on Sunday. It is $15.00 a day per person not vehicle. If anyone wants to meet for breakfast we could do that at 8 in Oak Ridge.
Nice to see somemore folks from TN. chime in. I would like to see a ride at Wheelin in the country(south of Nashville) get organized for sometime in the future. Matt has riden there and have heard good things about it. Have seen it on TV a few times also.

N2FORD said:
The passes are for sale at the parking area also. I bought my yearly one on Sunday. It is $15.00 a day per person not vehicle. If anyone wants to meet for breakfast we could do that at 8 in Oak Ridge.
Nice to see somemore folks from TN. chime in. I would like to see a ride at Wheelin in the country(south of Nashville) get organized for sometime in the future. Matt has riden there and have heard good things about it. Have seen it on TV a few times also.
summer town? my wife cousin knows the people that run it, he is into building buggies down in Hohenwald

wheeling got lots o mud... im not a fan of it but it has its perks.

i just got a new job today so its looking good for me to be there.

Yes, Summertown is where Wheelin in the country is. Matt may chime in, he has been there several times I think.

yeah matt love it casue he can go there in an afternoon. Its abotu 30 mins outside of Nashville. Pretty challenging trail out there for ya if you want em. then they got the mud field and some milder trails.

Yeah summertown aka. Wheelininthecountry is a good place with trails that range from easy to xtreme. I have just about ran every trail and obstacle out there, im still working on the other ones :p . I still plan on driving up there in the ranger and riding with chad. I went to 2 job interviews yesterday soo lets hope i can get off if i get one of these jobs. So i guess everyone is meting up sat morning? Do u want to meet at the park on somewhere in oak ridge?

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back