Naches area July '05 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches area July '05

Yeah I took a look at that, I know where that is exactly, I', just really unhappy I didn't know about it and couldn't meet up with you guys....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Naches..... What I thought this was just a chat thread LOL

By the way I am taking donations for gears and while I am at it at least one selectable locker.......

I got 10 miles to the gallon on the freeway with my 33's :mad:
That's not counting reiter. It was all freeway.

Anyway back to the topic Naches.......What....where's that.........I know there's not a Trail Jam up there for me :D

Katie, now that you know we are so chatty here, you have to check in more often ;) Depending on weather, we (at least Travis and I) might be up to another Reiter Run in a month. No lakes though :eek:

Naches; no Trail Jam for me either. Need that money for some altitude :navajo:

We need to have that NWX-BBQ soon. We have folks from Centralia to Mount Vernon interested so we need a place in the middle for some burnt cow and barley pop.

DREAMR-10 MPG :thumbdwn: I think I get better mileage if I keep the RPMs' up around 2500-3000

As far as a summer run for explorers I am familar with Evans creek, Tahuya and Elbe hills
I have been to a number of other places but do not know them well enought to lead a group through.
Tahuya is kinda lame now that they have been logging up there and evans creek, well you run a good chance of some body damage and elbe hills you will take body damage.

ARSOUL-how bout you?

I'm always game....just got to finish getting the water out of my engine, fab up an intake snorkle and exhaust snorkle. i just cant seem to stay out of the deep stuff...
I'd like to run evans, heard good things about it...

Ryan when are you gonna call me next time you go out ?

Hey all, Meet & greet BBQ plus first planning session

March 26th @ Dixies BBQ in Bellevue Wa 10:30 am

Dixie's BBQ

well I'm game for some runs this summer it will take me that long to make repairs to my Ex as funds become available.

I leave for Japan again the last week of June. I would love to do this run, but if it's in July I'll be gone again. Damn, I can't wait for shore duty! Anyway, if we can get it for the middle of June, that would be awesome.

Parts of the naches trail are closed till july 15, but if the warm and dry weather continue maybe it will open early

Joe, I just bought the Garmin Mapquest software. wink ;) wink ;)

Just remembered the forum rules :D

Albino 94LTD said:
Joe, I just bought the Garmin Mapquest software. wink ;) wink ;)

Just remembered the forum rules :D

:D :D Now you weren't being bad again were you Albino.

Sounds like I need to head up that way hiking and find us a good large basecamp.

dreamr said:
:D :D Now you weren't being bad again were you Albino.

Sounds like I need to head up that way hiking and find us a good large basecamp.
ME?? :rolleyes:

Far be it from me to break Forum rules. :D

What we need is 'Trail Recon'. I'm just trying to figure the best way to do it.

Mountain bike? (pant, pant, pant, but good for ya)
Motorcycle? (don't have)
Internet research? (have)

:navajo:

Albino 94LTD said:
ME?? :rolleyes:

Far be it from me to break Forum rules. :D

What we need is 'Trail Recon'. I'm just trying to figure the best way to do it.

Mountain bike? (pant, pant, pant, but good for ya)
Motorcycle? (don't have)
Internet research? (have)

:navajo:

Pack that back pack and lets go. We can drop in off of the Pacific Crest Trail.

There is a cabin up on the historical wagon trail and we can get in to the trail via FS roads for the most part ( not the historical cabin), there is another maintained by the Mountaineers.org. I believe that the only parts that stay closed (ORV) are the upper reaches of the trail which can be accessed off the PCT year round if you carry an Ice Axe. Of which I have a couple. This year we may not need them.

Finally real information

OK, here we go;

I called the Cle Elum Ranger district after surfing aound the web. Their recommendation is to camp at the Manastash campground on the North side of the Manastash Ridge. Naches is on the South side.

The trails around Manastash are open, only limited by snow right now. This means we could do this before the FWORC Obsticle Course so y'all can shake down your recent work prior.

Manastash campground has 12 medium sized group sites and 1 very large group site (30-40 vehicles)

Most sites have a fire ring and a table.

There is a hand pump for fresh water and 2 recently installed toilets.

A forest pass is required to camp, the web site doesn't identify any other fees.

There are several trails very near the campground and the terrain is very tight but much drier than Evans Creek. There are a couple trails that stockers should stay away from. We should call again closer to our trip for updated ratings.

If we arrive on Wednesday (or someone arrives during the week) there should be no problem getting enough campsites.

There are no limits to the number of vehicles on any trail, comon sense says, don't make the party so big we block the trail.

Here are maps of the area. Trails numbered 4W are what we are looking for.

Joe, I know you were hoping for a short pavement trip to the trails, but the Manastash campground is closer too the 4W trails than Cliffdell. from Cliffdell, we'd have to drive 5-10 miles just to get to the trails.

SO, everyone, WHEN? :cool:

I will probably be busy through the middle of July,between working the OT,SAS and obstacle prep and time for momma.

dreamr said:
Hmmm...... i am taking the last weekend+ of may off, and have a few long weekends in June that I could forgo my camping/fishing for a bit of camping/wheeling.
The ranger I talked to said, the wheeling North of Cle Elum off US97 around Liberty and Table Mountain was more moderate than Manastash.

When are we going? BTW we have to drive past several wading spots on the Yakima :D :D :D :D

Albino 94LTD said:
The ranger I talked to said, the wheeling North of Cle Elum off US97 around Liberty and Table Mountain was more moderate than Manastash.

When are we going? BTW we have to drive past several wading spots on the Yakima :D :D :D :D

Hmmm...........
Morning on the river,
Watching the fly's flight,
Reflection with lunch,
An afternoon of sites,
Cross a trail or two,
And catch the evening bite,
A spot of dinner,
As day passes to night,
A Beer by the fire,
Sleep beneath the moon's light
Waken to the morning sun,
Just to test the fish's might
Then repeat the past day again :cool:

Sounds like Shiloh and Zaira are staying home and you're the leader unless you get those tow hooks mounted up front :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Recon update

All;
Dreamr and I plan to go back to the Cle Elum area over Memorial weekend, North of Salmon la Sac campground. We were up there a couple weeks ago check this thread

These trails are passable by a stock X with minimal dragging of frame rails and trailer hitches. We were only stopped by snow but I will have a winch installed this time :D .

During June, I will try to convince him to Explorer the Manastash Ridge area South of I-90, which is the subject of this thread.

We will review and rate all trails Explorered and continue the planning of this X gathering :thumbsup:

Back