My Explorer didnt like being Jumped 25 feet! Truck's TOTALED | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer didnt like being Jumped 25 feet! Truck's TOTALED

Well my Exploder is totaled, the other day while coming home from work on a back country road, doing 60-65 mph, I had an unmarked mail car pull out in front of me without warning, about 40 feet in front of me, not enough time to stop. There was traffic in the other lane, so couldnt go there, didnt want to hit the mailman (have had bad luck with people vs government lawsuits before) so I opted for the ditch, so I went down in the ditch, sideswiped a huge oak tree (ripped the drivers side running board off) and launched the truck in the air, and jumped it about 25 feet before landing safely in a field. No bags deployed, and I stayed right in my seat, not a scratch on me. I was wearing a seatbelt. Well the suspension was totally trashed, incuding 2 wheels and tires, and the frame was twisted a little bit, so the insuance totaled it, and took it away. It was a sad day, but I have been trying to sell it a little bit so it wasnt too bad. Well Im now selling all my exploder stuff, so if you know of something I have and want it, let me know, otherwise look for a thread about it in the future. I am looking at 97-98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSCs for a replacement, with 290 HP from the factory and RWD how can you go wrong. Drive safe folks...

-Ryan

Attachments

• DSC01765.JPG
    DSC01765.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC01764.JPG
    DSC01764.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 808
  • DSC01766.JPG
    DSC01766.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 784

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More pics, the truck was just getting broke in at 195XXX miles...

Attachments

• DSC01767.JPG
    DSC01767.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 794
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 792
  • DSC01768.JPG
    DSC01768.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 802

The Explorer did look pretty good back in its day, with the body colored Eddie Bauer trim...And a few pics of the car I am trying to find, black on black 97 or 98 LSC only, if anybody knows of any for sale somewhat near michigan, hit me up...

Attachments

• mark5.JPG
    mark5.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 796
  • mark3.jpg
    mark3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 797
  • bodywork12.JPG
    bodywork12.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 788

Sorry to hear it man, the Lincoln will be cool though. Bassani Exhaust, black windows, lowered, rims, that thing would be like an Impala but cooler. Just don't put an SVT logo on it like in that last pic.

I agree, I dont like the SVT logo, but I do like his exhaust tips. As soon as I find one I will be puting a K&N Intake, flowmaster 50 series exhaust, and chip in it. They all have air ride suspension (so did my xploder) and can be lowered with a little bit of sensor-adjusting...Gotta love it!

That sucks man, you had a good looking X. :(

That gives a new meaning of slammed, sorry to see that. I actually have 195,400 miles right now so hopefully mine doesnt get totalled within 200 miles :D

Yikes !!!!!!!
That Ex had one hell of a final ride !!!!!!!
Sorry you had to go through that but it is way cool you were okay and other than some land scape there were no one else involved.

I wonder what the people who saw that on the truck thought?
Good luck on the Lincoln, they are real nice cars.

Sorry to hear man, but at least you are all right! The Ex's seem to do a good job of protecting us! What color interior parts? (If you are parting it)

97-98 MK VIII's are an awsome car. When modified they can get away form you though. Here's what happened to mine. :(

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 730

that really sux about ur X vair.

VairKing said:
I agree, I dont like the SVT logo, but I do like his exhaust tips. As soon as I find one I will be puting a K&N Intake, flowmaster 50 series exhaust, and chip in it. They all have air ride suspension (so did my xploder) and can be lowered with a little bit of sensor-adjusting...Gotta love it!

Ah don't do Flowmaster 50 series, that's the SUV exhaust. Seriously, have you ever heard Bassani exhaust on a Ford modular engine? It sounds absolutely amazing; its a much smoother sound then the Flowmaster, while still sounding mean as hell and loud.

Another one bites the dust......Sucks to hear Vair.

Oh Man, bad news..sorry to see the exp was put to rest..I am always glad when a person can walk away from an accident!!

Good luck on your car hunt..I am sure you will find what you need!!

sorry blout ur ex hey did you grab your centercaps off before they came and took it ?

My condolences too, on your loss.

I am looking for a 97 or 98 LSC also, but I want a Toreador Red version. Check out the Auto trader, the Yahoo site, and GetAuto.com, they all have decent selections. Good luck,
DonW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea I really like the Toreador red too, but the only interior color I like is black. And finding a Red one with a black interior is even harder than finding a black one with black interior. Sorry I didnt grab the center caps, the wheels were aftermarket anyways, and the left rear was messed up pretty bad...I am still not totally decided on the exhaust, a buddy of mine has a 4.6 mustang with the flowmaster 50 and it sounds pretty good. Gotta find the dang car first...lol

Back