NWExplorers BBQ | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NWExplorers BBQ

Albino 94LTD said:
If we don't want to cook our own, there is Dixie's. It's in the NE corner of teh intersection of I-405 and SR-520.

Excellent Q and you get to meet "The Man" (I dare you! I have and I'll never forget it :eek: )

I gotta make sure they are open on Saturday's though and we HAVE to be there before 11, or whenever they open.

MMMM professional BBQ beats my burnt chicken anyday ;)
Anybody else game?????????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• Dixie's map.gif
    Dixie's map.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 229

So when is this?

I'd like to meet some of my 'neighbors' here in the NW. I have 2 Explorers, both First Gen's. His & Hers....Mine is going to be what you would call a 'streeter', where as my wife's is a 95% stock 4x4.....which one do I bring?

Ryan

Ah I just found this thread I could smell the BBQ and sniffed my way around the forum until the smell stopped here.

I am interested in getting together and JR I ran into the Innovations 4x4 guys today one had his winch mount fabbed by you I think Rob and his brother in law. Chico

We were talking about getting together for some fun and food.

I am closer to JR I'm around exit 88

That would be the 26th of March

jrgaylor said:
What about maybe meeting At Tahuya? they have a camp ground?
I am 15 minutes east of exit 71 off of I-5 just to give you a idea how far south I is. I am going to be in milton the last saturday of march in the morning if i was going to go further north that would be a good day.

Bring whatever rig you want. Dreamr is now up about 5" jrgaylor is up 11" Arsoul is about the same, so is Diff Whack Daddy, Im not sure about Alaskan Jack, Snow Exploder has about 6". I'm stock so we have no streeter yet. ;)

We will also start the planning for a few days in the Naches area in July.
Naches Run

Unless one of wants to host before then? :thumbsup:

Albino 94LTD said:
Bring whatever rig you want. Dreamr is now up about 5" jrgaylor is up 11" Arsoul is about the same, so is Diff Whack Daddy, Im not sure about Alaskan Jack, Snow Exploder has about 6". I'm stock so we have no streeter yet. ;)

I am at 7" of suspension lift on one and 5" of total lift on other
9485saturday10.jpg

9485Picture_030.jpg

AJ- I thought maybe chico had moved or something because after I did that winch mount I haven't seen or heard from him, before that I saw his explorer all over the place.

OK so it is 26 March 05 meet and greet at dixies correct?

I will start a seperate thread for this,
5 mar 05 the FWORC are going to be going to Evans creek ORV park.

jrgaylor said:
OK so it is 26 March 05 meet and greet at dixies correct?

Yeah I get BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll write it in on the calendar now :bounce:

I have been wondering when I would bump in to you Alaskan Jack. You've been living here a while now, I just seem to stay on the north end I guess.

How's the parking at this place? Is there gonna be enough room for everyone, cause in the pictures it looks kinda small...

They open at 11:00, so if we get there by 10:30 we can fill the lot with X's :D Plus we'll have tiem to start planning the Naches gathering.

That would be a MAJOR coup. :thumbsup:

If I remember, there's about 20-30 spots?? I'll take some pix this week.

The building doesn't look like what it is and the place isn't what it looks like. :confused:

Maybe I can get the drop done in time, and We can have a group of X's ranging from a 5" drop to a 11" lift......LOL I like being the 'oddball'.

Ryan

So, there is a "real" BBQ place up here in the NorWest?

So, are all(?) invited?... I've waited a long time to taste some real time B-B-Q... And to meet some fellow Ford Explorer site members... My wife and I are both from the Southeast and if yall are going there anytime soon, you gotta try "Sonny's" BBQ restaurants, if Dixie's is even half as good, "I'm there" :D. Think it would be fun to finally meet some of you guys (yes, I mean gals too if ya are coming) So count me in (I guess I gotta bring the wife and son too, right?) Anyway, not too far of a drive for me, Silverdale here... Just no making fun of my seemingly eternal non-lifted 2002 XLT

dreamr said:
I have been wondering when I would bump in to you Alaskan Jack. You've been living here a while now, I just seem to stay on the north end I guess.

Well I haven't been very social either. I need to do a lot of work on my rigs and don't have the money. Plus the weather here has had me depressed. Every weekend it is gloomy outside and usually raining. Most weekends I was in my bathrobe until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. But I have been excersing in the mornings now for a while and it has seemed to help get me out of my funk.

jrgaylor said:
AJ- I thought maybe chico had moved or something because after I did that winch mount I haven't seen or heard from him, before that I saw his explorer all over the place..

Well I ran into Chico in October and then just this weekend. He gave me his number in October but it is still sitting in my visor. I said we would get together on a weekend soon and they could show me some areas where I could take my Ex and play.

I will be the first to thank Alaskan Jack....

Thank you for NOT posting any pics of you in your bathrobe at four in the afternoon... Just kidding ;)

Silverdale, huh?

Maybe I'll bring both X's, and we can meet-up and have a Explorer caravan to the `Q....

Ryan

can a reservation be made for a group like ours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jrgaylor said:
can a reservation be made for a group like ours?

Don't think so.

First come first served, come too late,,,,,,,,,,don't eat. :(

Back