Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
Hey all,
I know I haven't been posting much lately. I'll be on more once I finally get the Bronco into my garage. It's still at a friend's house and I haven't started on it yet. If you have any threads you want my specific input on, PM me please.

The VW is still running well. Below are some new pics of the rims, tires, and suspension I just put on. It's now on Bilstein coilovers and dropped about 1"rear and .5"front. Avg corrected dyno is 187hp and tq, with 80-85% of tq available from 1800 rpm. Hp peaks around 5500 but is flat 'til 7200 redline. Best uncorrected dyno is 198hp/tq. But both should be slightly better due to the new rims.

New rims are 17x8, 15lbs, 235/45/17 Dunlop 9000s.

I have done some interior mods lately and may post those soon. Old pics are of course still in the gallery. And btw, the car was perfectly clean about an hour before these shots:

2235bbqcar1.jpg

2235bbqcar3.jpg

2235bbqcar5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still looking good.

Man, I was wondering where you were. VW looks sweet. So what year bronc did you get? What do you have planned for it?

The car looks really good. Post up some pics of the Bronco once you get some.
Josh-In his sig it says it's an 85 ;)

bmxking5 said:
The car looks really good. Post up some pics of the Bronco once you get some.
Josh-In his sig it says it's an 85 ;)

Ah yes, completely overlooked that. :D

another:

2235bbqcar6.jpg

Oooh me likey. Is that a VW meet?

Yup, we had about 80 cars, mostly VW and BMW. Some other randomness too. And a Rabbit Cabby VW pickup :D Most are DD's focused on comfort, power, and handling. Some had show systems, a few had vinyl and other show body mods (BMWs with carbon vented reverse open hoods for example). But most of the car people I hang with are hard working 20 somethings who enjoy their cars and want them to be comfortable and reliable, but also want them improved and tastefully unique.

Never mind the grocery getter, we wanna see pics of the Bronco! :D

An idea for a mod for you: My buddy got a really nice low profile spolier for his. I think it's OEM, but not sure. It's just a small, flat wing that mounts above the rear glass along the roof line. It looks really good.

j602 said:
An idea for a mod for you: My buddy got a really nice low profile spolier for his. I think it's OEM, but not sure. It's just a small, flat wing that mounts above the rear glass along the roof line. It looks really good.

A friend of mine has one that he's selling soon....

Cool.....you gonna buy it?

Hello......Bronco pics.......Did I forget to say Please?

VW looks good Alec. I almost got those wheels for my A4 but went with some MB Italia 18s instead with 235x45s. I'm waiting for the Eibach Pro-System to be available (April 1st) for now I just have eibach springs and Billstein struts. Lets see some pics of that bronco. :thumbsup:

1600motion3-1.jpg

Looks awsome.

One dumb question though, why do the wheels have two valve stems?

nice VW you got there alec. I give it 2 thumbs up I really like the GTI model of the golf out.

I got a question are you going to save up and buy a R32 Golf. I test drove on saturday and those R32 are ####in fast I love it a lot. Maybe in the future I will buy one in the future.

And good look on your project Bronco I would love to see pics of it when it looks now and when you do all mods to it when your are done.

IAmTodd said:
Looks awsome.

One dumb question though, why do the wheels have two valve stems?

Lol, I was going to ask this but also figured there was some logical explanation where I would end up sounding dumb.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

j602 said:
Lol, I was going to ask this but also figured there was some logical explanation where I would end up sounding dumb.

Maybe to balance it out?

Back