2006 X V8= more HP?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 X V8= more HP??

Suprising it doesn't. The '04 Mustang makes 302ft-lbs and the Explorer makes 282ft-lbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IAmTodd said:
Suprising it doesn't. The '04 Mustang makes 302ft-lbs and the Explorer makes 282ft-lbs.

yeah but the torque it does make is probably much lower in the rpm range where the explorer needs it more, thats the difference.... and restricting intake and exhaust air speeds adds back pressure and vacuum and improves low end toque, thats well known.

I think Ford needs an upgrade on the 4.0 6cyl. The old SOHC is down on HP compared to the Honda Pilot (255hp) Chevy Trailblazer (275hp) Xterra (265hp)

Going back to what Nick26 said, the torque is probably greater on Ford's 6cyl than those three engines and lower down where it counts. I know the honda pilot and Xterra get their horspower numbers from higher rpms. Besides, lower factory ratings means lower insureance costs.

My sister has a Chevy Trailblazer with the I6. I really like that motor and its torque.

thanks for all the replies. I am thinking of going with the Avaitor but I don't want to go with the high price tag. I do not really think that the Ford is underpowered either, I just would have loved the 330 hp hemi jeep but the room in it sucked. I am a Ford person all the way (I just hope to stay that way).

Take a look at the new F-150. It has a really good Ford feel. Plenty of power, aftermarket support, and isn't way too pricey.

Back