KC vs. the rest | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC vs. the rest

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well Im not totally familiar with the concept of the keyed wiring so you'll have to bear with me here a bit. I have seen the type of thing you were describing though, used on batteries, basically the wire is cut, one end inserted into one side, the other end inserted in to the other end, and the key turning completes the wire, correct? So are we talking about having three seperate locks or running all three wires through one lock?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that should be how it was made to be ran in the first place??? I don't see any problems you'll run into. I use a 25amp fuse with mine and I've only blown it once(without the Piaa bulbs).

i want to use just one key switch... to activate the entire "lighting system" .... i dont want to have to do a relay if i dont have to ...but so far the best key switch i have found is rated at 10 amps

like I said unfortanetly I don't know too much about those key locks... but if the lights have their own relays then the amount of power going to the switches should only have to be an amp or less...

Howdy, I'm new to this board. Actually was checkin out the site when I saw my buddy Mattbert's post on lights. Well, have no fear, the lightmaster is here. KC's are a very very very very great light. I have 12 KC's on my truck (10 are 165 watt Daylighters) and can safely call my self the brightest F150 around. It's true, it's true. I'm in the process of bein sponsored by KC right now, and am attending the SEMA show in Vegas in a month to speak with there representatives. KC lights are awesome lights, the 150 watt Daylighters are untouchable in my eyes, more light than you will ever need....oh wait....that's me:) Lights shine miles and miles up the road, and I can see every thing there is to see. Pencil beam or not, if it's in front of me, whether it be 30 feet, or 30,000 I can see it perfect. I'm addin 7 more KC's soon possibly, maybe just 3, when I get the time. I have fabricated all the light bars and brackets and will have to do it again for the new lights, so it will be awhile. I'll tell ya one thing, I've gotten damn good at wiring lights up, that's for shure. Bottom line, if ya pick the Daylightes, you will be very happy, and very satasfied, I will promise you, and GUARANTEE IT!!!

Mvc-002s.jpg

my project reverse light bar, which holds 4, so a total of 10 Daylighters on roll bar:
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

hey mudder, welcome aboard! Just had to add mroe lights to keep up eh? LOL. Hey, we MIGHT be at the same place at the time, and I might have my Explorer up there... I may be attending the SEMA show assuming I can find a cheap place to stay while there. See you there if you go, and welcome to explorerforum.com. I knew right away when I saw the name "Mr. Daylighter" who it was :).

everyone else take note of the only person I've ever seen with more lights then myself... LOL

it's not how many you've got......it's how bright they are :p

thats what I keep telling him, he don't believe me :). We'll find for sure if we meet up at the SEMA show... speaking of which... check your e-mail Leebo...

check your pm.....i beat you too it.

Well, there's one problem with that Matt. I am flying out there with some other members of F150world.com. We have a little group goin just to attend the show, should be pretty fun. But I hope to see you and Vegas out there, would be a great time. I believe we are getting there on the 1st and stayin til Saturday the 4th.

well damn! :). Not sure I'll be there either, Im pricing hotels and such... I'd be driving out, either taking my Explorer or the Saturn (preferably the Explorer... it has cruise control and has headroom, but rides like crap)... I might know in a while... I've got the money to go just extremely hesitant to spend it is all :).

Just wanted to post this pic of my truck taken Saturday at a carshow where I got another award. KC is gettin plenty of advertisement from me, that is for sure. Guess that's why they give me great discounts:)

Dead Link Removed

Patrick - looks good. Curious as to what kind of a "discount" KC is giving you. IMHO, for hte publicity your giving them, they oughtta be paying for any new lights you put on, and refund part of what you paid for the lights you already have. Especially since your doing the whole banner thing and everything...

i would love to see what your switch pannel looks like ....how do you have them matched ?

Back