What size tires with a 3" spindle lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What size tires with a 3" spindle lift

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

31s without rub, probably 32s or 33s if you do trimming and make sure the wheels are optimal

I have spindles and i am running 32 11.5's right now, almost no rubbing, probably easily fit 33's with some trimming, heres a pic of 32's
749310_5_full.jpg

BigDave!!! said:
I have spindles and i am running 32 11.5's right now, almost no rubbing, probably easily fit 33's with some trimming, heres a pic of 32's
749310_5_full.jpg

That looks sweet. Yea I from someone else that I might be able to fit some 33s under there because how the flares are. What spindles are you using and where did you get them?

Im using Procomp 3" spindles. It came as a whole kit with 4 shocks 2 AAL's and the spindles, like $600, so its a hell of a lot of money, I ordered the kit off jcwhitney.com and they are always running deals and stuff like free shipping so look into that. I dont think you will have any trouble clearing the 33's height wise but i dont know how wide would be too wide. mine are 11.50 and i had to cut a little bit off the front of the plastic on the runnin boards but they dont rub at all now.

I looked up the lift kit you were talking about on jcwhitney.com and it only goes to 2000 but that ok, thanks anyways.

So when you say it might be too wide? You mean like too wide for your taste or what? Cause you confused me. haha. You said you had to trim off some of the plastic because they were too wide? Wouldnt that be that your explorer isnt high enough? Not that its too wide? Or am I just confused?

No he's got a body lift along with the spindles. And that's his truck (swak, the person who posted the link).

oh yah... go allthe way. BL is not that difficult. now that i have done it.. i will do it agian in a heartbeat

hey hockystud how much did it cost to do that to your exp cuz i wanna do that to my mom's truck its a 97 4dr

HockeyStud852 said:
I looked up the lift kit you were talking about on jcwhitney.com and it only goes to 2000 but that ok, thanks anyways.

So when you say it might be too wide? You mean like too wide for your taste or what? Cause you confused me. haha. You said you had to trim off some of the plastic because they were too wide? Wouldnt that be that your explorer isnt high enough? Not that its too wide? Or am I just confused?

The kit will fit your 2001, jc whitney just screwed up the years. When i said the tires might be too wide i meant it might rub a lot when you are turning. Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt you rub a lot more with a wider tire than a thinner one. when i had just a tt and 31 by 10.5's i never had a rubbing issue but now that i have 32 by 11.50 and spindles they do tend to rub. i was just thinking that if you got some tires wider than 11.5 they might rub a lot more but I might be completely wrong

On my 1995 i am plannign on the spindel lift as soon as i can get it for under $750 cause no one has ofered free shippng in the last few months...
i have 31s on it now easy and i had put 33's on it for one day and they did rub at full turn .. it has only torsian bars twisted to the full and shackles in rear. once i can get my spindel lift i will be going to 35's since i can basically clear 33's now. I find on here that every stock explorer is totally different as to what will fit what won;t...

Harry5150 said:
I was able to get 33's in there.

lift_after.gif

Any trimming? And do you just have a spindle lift?

Back