Tire size with cheap lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire size with cheap lift?

I have a 94 sport that I am going to be putting a F150 coil spacer, shackles, and AAL on in a couple of weeks and am wondering if I will be able to fit 32x11.5's on it or if I should just stick with 31's.
Thanks.
:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

id say stick with the 31's

Break out the sawzall and go with 35's.

Break out the sawzall and go with 35's.
heh, would need a sawzall for 32's to not rub depending on tread and actual size. stick with 31's

TheRookie said:
heh, would need a sawzall for 32's to not rub depending on tread and actual size. stick with 31's

Yeah but you don't know how much I'm talking about cutting out. :D

Well let me look at it like this. you would have to cut so much into the rear your rear doors would be cut. i cant even imagine how you would cut the front for that. I mean with stock fenders they would be cut all the way back to the doors and i cant figure out how you would make them mount still. though it would technicaly be possible if you are agressive enough

exactly :p

Is there a difference because my explorer is a Sport model?
Will I have any more or less ground clearance than a 4door?
Thanks for the recomendations.

Yes, there is a difference: 2 less doors. Sports are better as far as breakover angle; less chance of hangup. As for clearance, there is no difference between 4 door and 2.

i had 35x12.50 with a 5.5 superlift, and i was rubbin bad on my front lower sway bar bolt that goes threw the bushing.

now i have 33's not as bad, stick with 31's

93liftedXLT said:
i had 35x12.50 with a 5.5 superlift, and i was rubbin bad on my front lower sway bar bolt that goes threw the bushing.
Should have taken the sway bar off, save money, time and more impartant the 35's. :D

My daily driver with 35's had no sway bars. :thumbsup:

Fenderguy said:
My daily driver with 35's had no sway bars. :thumbsup:

But it also had less lift, resulting in less body sway. I don't know if you could get away with no swaybars on a 6" suspension lifted DD.

j602 said:
But it also had less lift, resulting in less body sway. I don't know if you could get away with no swaybars on a 6" suspension lifted DD.
I don't think 1.5" is going to matter much and he can leave the rear one on still saving money and time.

I'm done hijacking, for the question at hand I say go with 32's and trim a little to make them fit. Fenderguy OUT!

Pics with 31's

I finished the install and went with the 31 mud terrains. Because I did the aal and shackle in the back and the f150 spacer up front, there is a little rake. Towing my boat should settle that out though.
Thanks for all the advice!
Do I have to be Elite to post pics of it in the message?

32s will fit no problem. I had 3 inch body lift at first and fit 32s with no rubbing with stock wheels. If you go with 31s you will always wish you had 32s. Its a vicous cycle!

whoops just saw that you went with 31s, guess i should read every post in the future

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Day said:
32s will fit no problem. I had 3 inch body lift at first and fit 32s with no rubbing with stock wheels. If you go with 31s you will always wish you had 32s. Its a vicous cycle!

Very true. Honestly, the best advice I can give is to go straight to 35's. You won't be happy until you do.

Back