Opinions needed! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions needed!

I am going to get my BFG's 32x11.50x15 put on tomorrow. They are going on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's. I wanted to get some opinions of what would look better on my truck. Should I get WHITE letters or BLACK letters?

825136_2.jpg

825136_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and i will be the first to say the white on the outside looks sportier

I think I am leaning more towards black but I have always had white on both of my explorers. Then again I never had a lifted explorer until now!

White letters out. Heres mine if it helps at all.

Attachments

• Mar01105.JPG
    Mar01105.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 242

i love the white out. just u need to clean it to keep em white and shiny

i'll say white, they attract attention to the tire it self. nice tire needs the attention

Well I went to Discount Tire today and had them put them on. I got the BFG's 32x11.50x15 with the WHITE lettering showing. I must say they look awesome. While they were balancing the tires they let me trim the front bumper and the running board flares. I was amazed they let me do this. I think I got a decent price on them. I payed $520 out the door. Thanks for all the opinions! I'll post pics as soon as the weather clears up.

adarkang said:
I payed $520 out the door.
WOW, for wheels and tires? That's a great deal!

Post some pics

No it was just the tires. I got the wheels from summit racing

go black out.... the white looks good for about a week, once the tires get dirty, the white will never look white again and will look nasty....

jimabena74 said:
go black out.... the white looks good for about a week, once the tires get dirty, the white will never look white again and will look nasty....
Agreed, it also gives you a sore shoulder trying to scrub the letters clean.

Black out looks much better. If you go off road the white letters get scuffed but regardless the black looks better.

Look at performance/luxury cars. Do you see any white? That should tell you something ;)

Depends on the vehicle i would have to say. I would get the white facing out since most of them would have the white facing in, so when you turn its even worse then having it on the outside since you can see the label then.

dont quite understand.....

Try both and see which you like better. I am installing my revos this afternoon and I am going to go w/ the white showing.

Well Here it is sorry for the delay but weather has been kind of crappy!
825136_16.jpg

825136_17.jpg

825136_19.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nweibley said:
Look at performance/luxury cars. Do you see any white? That should tell you something ;)

yeah and our explorers are performance luxery cars. arnt they :p

Back