• Register Today It's free!

Wheelin in Jersey.

K5Blazer

Reaction score
City, State
Leonardo, NJ 07737
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 K5 Blazer
Anyone from Jersey that goes wheelin? I was wondering if anyone would like to meet up and go 4x4ing. I know i don't have an Explorer, but I still would like to go out and have fun (Ford or not).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing like a heavy chevy

Welcome. I to have a blazer. 79k5 to be exact. You need to check the threads for PARAGON or PENDELL. Both of these sight have people from NJ and PA. I have just moved to AZ and cannot play with ya but email TANK and he will let ya know whats in the area.

welcome

What part of Jersey are you in? In Jersey the Pines seem to be the place to go... there are many no- no's there though so you really have to watch out for the signs... Penndel (where they used to go) is closed now.. but there is one place J91Ford calls the twin bridges that was pretty cool. I had my first offroading experience there and it was fun. I wasn't able to get to Paragon yet but I plan to the next time....
funny you should mention hating chevys.. LOL I have a bumper sticker that says "Friends don't let friends drive Chevys" but I really don't hate Chevys... it's just a funny.... I was hoping to see someone post something here for PA, NJ for November .... I want to get out and go again and my kids have been a constant whine (esp my son) asking when we are going again. What do you think guys?

Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

hey k5

good to meet you ....... im sure we can get together and explore the off highway areas :) how is your truck set up ? you know tires, suspention, and whatnot .....what type of wheelin are you into ? ..... personally i like rock crawling if you are interested in that im sure there will be a trip to paragon soon .......

ps. personally im trying to avoid the pines ...that sugar sand can kill a truck like nothing else

but its a dry heat !

hey eagle ...long time ..... how you doin out there ?

i should have a web page up for command this week ... ill let you know the link when its up ....

also anyone interested .... i have a web site from rockcrawler.com ...it has info about wheeling and other stuff......check it 0ut .....
http//hummertank.rockcrawler.com

one more thing

hey eagle ...you need to change that sinature .... maby to big white paperweight ....... or new "compact" model explorer :D

My blazer really isn't setup for rock crawling. Its going to be a while till i convert the rear locking. I have never been rock crawling either. I'd rather just go on trails or mudding.

I am , email me with the info metjeep.

Wow long time no talk everyone!

Pendell is not realy "closed" There are a bunch of BIG DOGS that run back there every Sunday. This last weekend they were giving fines out at the twin bridges mostly dirt bikes and quads. Blue Mountain is having their tukey day thing up at paragon on thanksgiving. I dont know if it is true or not but i herd that blue mountain is going to have a run for all sometime after thanksgiving.

I have to agree with tank that sand is a killer on the truck. and the mud takes weeks to get all off. I know I sound like a little baby but, once you have been rock crawling you cant stop its addicting.

Mud and Thanksgiving Runs

I find the mud down in the Pine Barrens to be less expensive than the mud down in the bottom of the pit at Paragon. Once a couple vehicles are through that stuff, it turns into pudding/yogurt and is like epoxy. (Of course, there is no real reason to drive through it, but that is another issue.) Last time up there, I filled my starter with the stuff and had to replace it once the mud solidified. I guess I should have done the "spring" after the muck!

Another thought is maybe some hills up in northern NJ. I went on a scouting expedition up there a couple weeks ago and there were some entertaining spots. A couple good hill climbs (although I only went downhill at the time, pretty steep), and a few rocky areas.

Given the long weekend, maybe we can hit both??

you just let me know guys

Pine Barrens

Looks like we are heading down to the Pine Barrens the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's a good excuse to get out of the house and eat turkey sandwiches.

It should not be particularly wet down there, so the trip should be mostly trail riding rather than going for a mud bath.

Anyone out there interested??

guys, i'll be home for thanksgiving and would lave to take my truck in the pines with you for my first run there. where and when are you meeting?? i have a friend that lives about 20 mins from the pines so i know where they are. i should have my 32's and everything on and ready to go by then. email me with the info if you can. Budweiser777@yahoo.com

Won't be wet????hehe

Originally posted by metjeep
Looks like we are heading down to the Pine Barrens the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's a good excuse to get out of the house and eat turkey sandwiches.

It should not be particularly wet down there, so the trip should be mostly trail riding rather than going for a mud bath.

Anyone out there interested??

Maybe there will be snow!! aaah one can only wish... but it looks like they are forcasting something wet ..be it rain or snow! I'm in the middle of a major job change and probably will not be able to make this one either :( but my truck is still getting there... my Safari Rack(tire and tool mount) with lights will be on by next week... by the middle of December I will have my Warn Combo/winch system on :) tow hooks are on.. bigger changes are due as soon as the tax season is over... (getting a run around car instead of using the Explorer for daily driving)

Sorry guys :(

Karol

Pine Barrens

Well...

Looks like it was just my family! Sorry if I didn't wait around long enough for anyone else that might have shown up.

We took the Jeep and the Expolorer into the woods and had a great time. Stuck the Jeep 3 or 4 times and pulled it out with the Explorer. Stuck the Explorer 2 or three times, and pulled it out with the Jeep, the come-along, and had to use the High-Lift to break the suction. Looks like it is about time for some new tires! (and I think I will reinforce the skid plate and drill a bunch of holes in what is left)

There was ice, around 1 to 1.5" thick, that got pressed down under the tires and caused some problems. Two ways through this, either go slow and play ice breaker and let the pieces get away before they got pressed under your tires, or go faster and hit it with enough momentum to make it through!

It was real dry. We got a good look at a couple of the holes that we hadn't really ever played with before. Some of them could swallow a Suburban if it went through in the wrong place!

See y'all next spring when the water is back up to a proper depth.

Sounds like you had fun!

I really wanted to go this time! We will have to make a time sometime after the holidays...preferably a weekend (since I finally found a job that doesn't require me to work any weekends) .... I am looking for a 6 switch system for my lights....I was looking into a breaker system as opposed to an inline fuse system..but all that I found were very expensive ($200 and up) I think there are better things to spend $$ on ... anyone have any better ideas I'd like to hear them

Karol

Hey guys, I'm still around. Wished I had known there was an invitation to go wheelin. I had to work anyway. But keep me in mind...winters coming so this will be the first year that I get to play in snow with the tires I got during the summer. I haven't done anything else to the truck yet but im going to order the warrior shackles and do the torsion twist. Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, and keep in touch.
Norman

Anyone want to meet up in Jersey let me know. I am always up for some wheelin. I just want to get out on some trails.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey fellow Jersey-ites,
I live in Northern NJ and I have only had my explorer for about 2 months. I would be very interested in meeting up with you folks to do some off-roading. Since I am new to this "sport," I would like to do mainly trail riding. My truck is leased and totally stock. Therefore, I don't have the suspension or tires to do anything crazy. Furthermore, I don't have the know-how! Let me know what you think.
Steve

Back