New Car For Me

VBVA

Go Dukes!
Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL
Just picked up a 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 5spd with 36,000 miles this morning. Car is in great mechanical shape and will be awesome to drive in the snow. I don't plan on ricing it out like a lot guys seem to do with their Imprezas these days (check NASIOC.com), but I do plan on super dark tint. Here is a pic the previous owner took:
1325352311.179474041.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I'll post more in a few days.

This doesn't mean I'm leaving EF. I'll still be around, the Ex is staying in the family :) .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome, you got the red 5spd one... were you finally able to talk him down?

That car should be a blast to drive and will get darn good mileage too. I'm starting to consider options for my daily when I graduate in May (keeping the ex so i'll want something small/quick/cheap/gas efficient)

Talked him down to $11,500 - about $1,000 under blue book and $2,000 under NADA. I also got word from a realtor that I'm living in a sweet townhouse in Centerville starting June 1, so it's been a big day so far.

congrats, it looks gorgeous. Gotta love the red color, I heard those imprezas are pretty hot little cars. My fiance has a 2001 Forester and while I'm not impressed with the power, the AWD is great in the snow/rain.
I'm sure you won't have any lack of power in your impreza. ;)

The Forester has the same engine - 2.5L Flat Four Boxer - but weighs a lot more than my 3050 pound Impreza. The 5 speed manual also gives you all the power of the engine, whereas the auto tranny seems to rob some. Its a small car, thats for sure, much smaller than my Ex, but I'm looking forward to better gas mileage and quieter ride.

VBVA said:
Its a small car, thats for sure, much smaller than my Ex, but I'm looking forward to better gas mileage and quieter ride.

Yeup, no more drinking too much downtown and passing out in the back of your Ex instead of driving home... I guess you actually have to start taking girls back to your place now instead of laying the seats flat in the truck ;)

guess you actually have to start taking girls back to your place now instead of laying the seats flat in the truck
Put an air mattress on top of the roof rack. :p

I've slept in the back of my Ex a few times up in the mountains, its pretty spacious.

Took the Subaru on some mountain roads yesterday, man can that thing hold the turns!

Back