from the people who brought you the big white explorer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

from the people who brought you the big white explorer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"No Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

Good for show only. The fabrication is retarted. The coils are on the wrong axles. The front coils are from the rear of a TJ. The shocks are way too small. The transfer case hangs way too low. The four link is way too wimpy and already at a severe angle to do any good.

its a double transfer case setup, i think this truck is setup for tug o war pulls and for the mudpit

and the bottom pic can be decieving with driveline angles and all that, some of the driveshaft are just hanging there, being supported by the red straps in the pictures, like i stated before, this truck is still under construction and is NOT final, so that suspension setup could be redone

and for comparison, that white wall in the background, is a good 10-12 ft tall, imagine how tall it will be on 66 inch terra tires

the only thing that could handle tires that big might be the axles, and they still look really wimpy from those pics... the rest of it is ghetto fabricated, i wouldnt trust my life to that....

I agree...getto as hell. To bad really, you can make a hella bad ass rig with those axles...just missed the mark on that one. Seems like that wanted the cheap way not the right way

cp

now if you want to see real trucks, go to FST's site.....

looks cool i guess

The body looks like an RC car body.

i think they have their links mounted wrong...should have that lower link mounted below the center line of the axle, it's gonna wann to cam over (might be alittle strong of a word) but still

look @ that rear 2' tall body puck... thats safe... what about a full interior cage? @ stock explorer weight it might not crush like a can if it tipped but with that underneath it....

when i looked at it, its actually a 2x2 .250 wall square tubing used as a body mount, since the framerail is flat all the way down, no stock framerail on this truck

1/8" wall tubing?! holy crap thats thin...... that thing is booty fab..... my cb antenna mount has thicker steel than that!

ah, no, not .125, its .250, 1/4 wall, some reason my mind was not thinking when i typed .125

I say build it and run it, whatever floats your boat :)
Any Explorer and off road promotion is fine with me

looks like its gonna be a fun ride when its finished :roll: :thumbsup:
how can you not like an explorer monster truck?

Chucks Trucks??

if not who? and here is one Chucks Trucks did..

Attachments

• 02-20-05%20Lakeland%20027.jpg
    02-20-05%20Lakeland%20027.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 02-20-05%20Lakeland%20029.jpg
    02-20-05%20Lakeland%20029.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 289530753vPwchq_ph.jpg
    289530753vPwchq_ph.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 304

I like how everyone is dissing this. Especially since its NOT finished, like the post states. Im sure they just put together a mock up for now jeez.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope it's just mocked up....but considering everything's under the truck and painted, i would bet a dollar it's going to be like that after it's finished as well. I'll still say the lower link isn't in the right position based only on that one pic :p

Back