show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think he means to the left and right of the skid plate, where you can see the engine compartment, and body mounts, etc

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, there's bumper there too.

Here's mine...

2199P1010006.jpg

going through another transformation.
2199P1010006s.jpg

2199P1010005s.jpg

Daemon, I wish I had the cajones to do that sport trac transformation. Really cool looking. My X must remain an aften driven vehicle though so I just cant bring my self to do that yet.

You don't like but he does, and HE made it. Get over it! I think it looks good for a prerunner bumper, because that's what it's supposed to be!

sorry i didn;t look that close to see that piece

I am only getting at it looks unfinished..

It would look unfinished if it was a bumper for a trail rig. His is a 2WD pre-runner. The bumpers for those are supposed to be light-weight and just enough. You don't want some huge, heavy-duty bumper on the front of something like that. You just need the tube and a skiplate(always a nice add-on). IMO your bumper looks great on your truck Tak.

Daemon, you X keeps looking better and better everytime you post pics. :thumbsup:

i never saiid it didn;t look good. just thought it was not finished..

bmxking5 said:
Daemon, you X keeps looking better and better everytime you post pics. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I try! :D

Yes, the bumper is light and enough. As far as a collision, its stronger than the stock piece of plastic. Welded and attached at 6 points. But ya, i suppose some rocks and what not could sneak up the sides, and u might think it looks ugly now, but after my new front suspension gets installed, it will look tizzle. But ya, i like it, i built it, im proud of it :usa:

taknitezX2 said:
:thumbsup: thank you Froader. See ya in the Dezert, i will wave as i drive by ya.
:thumbsup: and we'll see about that driving by stuff... :p

-=DaemoN=-: That thing has always been one of my favorites. Someday I'll be cutting the back/top off too. Looks good. 36's or 37's?

A look at mine from the 14th of this month at Calico.

1600IMG2513-med.jpg

Gotta love it. Ok ok ill admit, u would probably run over me if we climbed a hill together, but as long as its pretty flat...

I always wanted a big ol' monter though. i think my next toy will be my ever so desired Early years Chevy K5 blazer convertable top. I always love the look of those. Random but your pic kinda brought it back.

What does SAS stand for?

I may sound dumb but what does SAS stand for? ive been reading the replys and have been wanting to put a sky jacker class 2 lift on my ex.
thanxs for understanding.

codyr4 said:
I may sound dumb but what does SAS stand for? ive been reading the replys and have been wanting to put a sky jacker class 2 lift on my ex.
thanxs for understanding.
Straight Axle Swap. ;)

People have been swapping out straight axles from Jeeps: Dana 30's and older full sized fords: Dana 44's and Dana 60's.

FROADER said:
:thumbsup:

-=DaemoN=-: That thing has always been one of my favorites. Someday I'll be cutting the back/top off too. Looks good. 36's or 37's?

Colin - those are 37 SSr's. Thanks for the compliment, your old X was one of my favorites too. :)

Back