Tire recommendation needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire recommendation needed

I need to know which of these two tires would you recommend as an all around better tire: BFG A/T K/O or Trailmark Radial APR. I'm getting one or the other in 32x11.50 but I would like some opinions on either before I make a decision.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who makes the trailmark tire? Never heard of it. Is it a no name brand? Are they AT tires. You have to compare AT tires to AT tires.

i'd go for whichever one is more aggressive...

I am not sure about the trailmark tires but all of my friends that run BFG AT's swear by them. I have driven in a Gen I explorer with BFG AT's, 33x10.50's I think, and it went like a bat out of hell in just about all conditions other then loose sand. The tred wear on the BFG's are also great so spend the money. :thumbsup:

I've decided not to go with the Trailmark (made by Kelly) but I still don't want to go the distance with the BFG's (limited funds) what do you all think about the Kumho Venture MT?

I ran trailmark summit radials (made by kelly) on my ranger for years. I had 4 sets over the life of the truck. I had 3 non-repairable flats and 2 blowouts on the 5 factory firestones.

They are still on it, but my brother has it now. They did fairly well and are a lot cheaper than BFGs. I never had a flat or blowout on any of them even off-road.

i love my Roughriders, but you cant get them down there

the kumhos are actually a pretty good tire... and are awesome when compared to their price

Back