• Register Today It's free!

WAR153 Shackels INSTALLED :)

theviper90210

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
I installed my shackels yesterday and and i love the turn out, the ride in the back end is so much better, rides real good, ill get some pics up later on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fairly easy to install. unless your bolts were rusted..

i did mine a few weeks ago. couldn't get the old bolts to even budge so i had my friend at pep boys take care of it with his air tools. also did a TT and although the height isn't that noticable i like it much better.

damn hitch was in the way of my old bolts. and i couldnt lowere it out because my dual exhaust hangers were welded to the hitch, we got the old bolt lose and out as much as the hitch would let then took the sawzaw and cut them out, worked like a charm.

how big were the shckels? i want to know if they 3 inch shackels. and if they do what are the numbers?

no the WAR153 shackels are 1.5 to 2in of lift

is that the only size they come in for the explorers ? or is there a diffrent kit that fits from like a jeep or something?

umm i read something about that awhile back but dont rember the info, maybe somebody on year will post something about it, but other the that just use the SEARCH!

Back