not done, but a sneak preview.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

not done, but a sneak preview....

been doing a lot of mods lately, and haven't posted any pics or mentioned it to anyone on here. i still have a few more things to do in the next couple weeks, but i'm getting close. here's a sneak preview:

763875_75_full.jpg

763875_74_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: looks good, looking forward to the rest. :D

:chug: :chug:

Nice X. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for it.

hey nice truck, i checked you domain page and i got a question how much did that projection screen run ya? any links? i was looking into upgrading my 47 inch wide screen.

nvrhapy said:
hey nice truck, i checked you domain page and i got a question how much did that projection screen run ya? any links? i was looking into upgrading my 47 inch wide screen.

I responded to this in a PM. todd.

Me likey. Did you build all that stuff yourself or have someone else do it?

it was done by BUCHVILLEMAN here on the forums.

I like it! :thumbsup:

It's looking great. Unfortunately, there will never be a "done" lol ;)

ahhjaws said:
Unfortunately, there will never be a "done" lol ;)

thats so true. i'm already planning the more long term plans, and then the even longer term plans. it's rediculous. anyway, almost done with my immediate projects is what i meant. i have some other parts made, and ready to go on the truck. i'm hoping we get good weather tomorrow, and i'm gonna take care of them.

that bumper is crazy nice where you get it?

Tommy

j602 said:
Me likey. Did you build all that stuff yourself or have someone else do it?

toddious said:
it was done by BUCHVILLEMAN here on the forums.

It's seems so easy to read doesn't it?

haha, thanks for clearing that up j602

looking for some opinions here: look at the front bumper. there is the main bars that wrap around the corners, and there are the lower bars that come up and meet those. do you think i should fill in the little rectangle area between the bars with diamond plating? i think it might look cool, wondering what others think.

I had an idea for a bumper just like yours (well, the bottom portion) and actually was thinking of puttning diamond plate in between the bars too! I think if you did, the diamond plate would need to be painted black. Otherwise it would just look too flashy. Seems like it would turn out a lot like an ARB style. On the other hand, it would possibly look too bulky with the filled in spaces, does look good opened up.

nice x you got there todd keep up the good work bro

hey man, really like the x. keep it up! cant wait to see what else you have goin on it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking good!

I've got front and rear bumpers made by him too...

The main front part looks just like yours but I got 2x2 instead of the round tube for the rest. The rear bumper has a swing out tire carrier.

I hope to get them on soon, I haven't seen them yet! I had them shipped down to the shop in Mexico & I've been working in LA.

The diamond plate would look OK if it was painted black but if you do any mud running I would think it would want to catch alot of it up in there. Just someting to think about. Personally, I like how it looks open like it is. JMHO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think that black diamond plate would look good. it might cause some cooling issues since you have that winch in front. maybe, maybe not. i've just noticed on mine that i have a lot of 'ducting' down there for the radiator and trans coolers, etc.

Back